Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased some vacuform panels for the first time and they should be arriving in a few days. How do I stabilize/mount them etc? Attach to wood, foam, other? Surprisingly I haven't found very much info regarding that online.

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
I've only had access to a couple of vacuform tables so far, but they've had metal frames to hold the plastic. I'm assuming it's due to the amount of time the plastic must remain next to the heating elements to soften properly for use.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I received my panels today and there is no metal backing around the edges. (although I believe you were referring to the tables they are formed on, not the panels themselves?) There is an edge to them and some random screw holes on the front. Would a person just use 1/2" plywood, place the vacuform on the top and screw it down, then layout similar to homemade walls?

·
The Minister of Macabre
953 Posts
Typically, Vacuform Panals are attached to walls (Plywood, OSB, etc...) by screws. You could try using industrial Velcro to attach?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perfect, thank you. I assumed as much, but since I've never used them before, I didn't want to risk messing them up or damaging them right off the bat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts