Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All, was wondering if anyone knows a timer compatible with this fog machine? I can get one local for a steal, but it doesn't come with a timer. I actually e-mailed the company, but haven't gotten a response yet. Curious if anyone has experience in this regard, thanks.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Not sure this would work or you want to even try, but if you have a manual fog button, you could buy a $10 timer, crack it open and possibly with a little soldering, get that timer to activate your foggers manual button at intervals. I know there is some info on here about using motion detectors with fogger timers to activate various props for periods of time when people walk by.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Huh, well that was easy, I could have sworn someone was saying that it was a different hook up. Thanks.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Gorey, is that timer on your site the same one that comes with the 960 I ordered? I see you don't list any remote for the 935/960/3000 models.. do you not carry those in case the one we get breaks? Or does VEI not provide them yet? Seems odd that you (VEI) wouldn't have the timer and/or wireless remotes available for all foggers as soon as they are made. They timer remote looks identical for all of them (except the 3000 which has a slick LCD one). Curious why a company making fog machines would not want to save on parts and just use the same one for all machines... other than to "price gouge" perhaps.. that is, the more expensive foggers pay more for a new remote that basically is no different in functionality, perhaps a minor pin change to make it so the cheaper ones don't work.

On the other hand, I can't wait to get a DMX controller and mess around with the 960 DMX, see how that works! Now if I could just find DMX devices that you can use to add to props to control them too!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
like VEI 925?
Sure that is the model?

I carry most of the timer triggers for VEIs on the shelf, check the nodel number and let me know, I may be able to help
Yep that's the model, I tried a cheapo timer for another fog machine, and it didn't work, so I am still looking for one.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Unfortunately, you are out of luck.
The timer for that model has a timer similar to current models, but the socket/plug on the cord end is a rectangle - no trimmed off corners like you see on computers and many electronics.

VEI is looking to see if one may be hidden somewhere, but it is doubtful.

Just thought I would give you a heads up.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
O.K. so I picked up a cheap party store timer, and while the shape of the plug is slightly different, the prongs are the same, and with a little effort it fits fine. The weird part is the manual button works fine, but the timer part doesn't, wouldn't the electronics be the same? Any ideas, or should I try one from a different store?

·
Registered
233 Posts
sounds like a bad timer. manual button woks off the same output circuit as the timer so since that works im 99% sure its just a defective timer.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I got mine from VEI last year (just before Halloween), they even sent me the plug part that went into the fogger so everything mated up correctly, I actually spoke with one of the techs that dug around the shop and found one.

·
Registered
391 Posts
BTW thanks for the VEI 935 Corey, the thing is awesome.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sounds like a bad timer. manual button woks off the same output circuit as the timer so since that works im 99% sure its just a defective timer.
Well I replaced the timer, and still nothing. When the thing gets to temperature, the timer loses power like there is a cut off. I e-mailed VEI a month ago about a timer, and never got a response. Now I have a party on fri, and no fog, I will NEVER, purchase any of their products again. And I would advise everyone else to do the same, find a company that puts out quality, and actually cares about their customers, VEI obviously doesn't.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts