Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried UV dyes in water fountains to make the water glow? If so, is it worth while? If not UV dyes, what other items get the best bloody results?

My asylum doctor is going to have a sink nearby that will be pumping water. (might have gone over board with the 1/2HP pump - it was free, so why not?)

View attachment 570103

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have a koi pond that holds ~2,000 gallons. I use a 1/4 HP pump for that. I can fill a five-gallon pail in less than five seconds. Your 1/2 HP is way overkill and will likely blow out your plumbing. A small hydroponic pump - around 500 gallons per hour (GPH) - would be more than enough. While bigger is usually better this time it may not be...

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,328 Posts
Give neon acrylic paint a try. Water soluble, green and yellow show up very well under UV. Other colors, not so much...

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Give neon acrylic paint a try. Water soluble, green and yellow show up very well under UV. Other colors, not so much...
They make UV dyes specifically for this. The dyes will work better than paint because the paint can gum up the pump. I have never used them personally but I have seen it used and it can be impressive.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Just use water leak detection Flourescent Dye. One gallon can be used for 12000gal. Only comes in green and red. I havent tried the red but the green is very intense. You will probably never have to buy one again unless you fill a swimming pool. It is chemical safe and very inexpensive.

·
Registered
177 Posts
One fluorescent highlighter does the trick. $0.25, done.

Take out the little ink cartridge and submerge into your water source. Add black light.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts