Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Well I guess it's that time of year again when the Jose Ramon Ave. team has to wake up and start thinking about and building our lasted and greatest version of our extreme yard haunt... I wanted to get some early posts on here to let you all know that Facebook has added some pretty fatures that can be used to promo your Facebook pages. Reason I bring this up is because we used Facebook last year and from what we estimated it drove in about 100,000+ visitors to our website.

This year we will use Facebook to it's extreme! I have already started adding our content to our Facebook page. You can see it here http://www.facebook.com/srhalloween

A couple cool features.
1. Facebook allows for short url’s to pages. Go here to set yours http://www.facebook.com/username/

2. New for this year Facebook has introduced Static HTML – this allows you to add links to all kinds of promotions that you make up on your Facebook side bar. Here is the app http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=190322544333196&ref=ts

Hope this will help some of you out looking for cool ways to promote your haunts..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, and yes we had around 2200 people walk in to the haunt on weekend of Halloween and around 8000 for the entire month of October 2010. That count was only for the people that actually went in the haunt its self. There was an counted number of people that came to look and didn’t go in.

This year we are thinking we may double that do to the fact that last was our 3rd annual but our first year for the Wicked West Ghost Town display and the word has spread like a wildfire in our community as well as over the web. We will see…

Again thanks...
Bill

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have what probably looks like a stupid question, but what kind of colored lights are you using? I need that for my haunt!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have what probably looks like a stupid question, but what kind of colored lights are you using? I need that for my haunt!

They are LED spot lights. Picked them up at the Spirit Halloween store last year. They are pretty cool but the look we wanted (low light and gloomy) made them a bit difficult as we had to place them pretty far away to kill the brightness. I’m glad we did it as it really brought a cool feel to the display.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you! What are you using to screw them in to? (sorry that sounds dirty - lol)
lol... Just a some outdoor flood light steaks I picked up from home depot for like 6 or 7 bucks. They have a rubber seal for the weather.

·
Valkyrie Of Halloween
2,435 Posts
I know fb definitely increased the attendance at my Halloween Party last year! Managed to notify friends that I don't have phone numbers too or addresses since not involved in the same activities anymore.
Really was a great help as an invitation by creating the events page.
;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts