Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like help being frugal. This week:D i came across two items i would like to know if i can use to do anything else with. i'm not into being green just frugal!

1st item: blackish soft styrofoam that was used to stuff a printer into a box. I was thinking of cutting into cubes to use as my coals with LED light string instead of tissue paper any other ideas?

2nd item: 6 silver tin trays from the large sandwhich trays from my company's catered lunch ---any ideas for those?

i think this would be a great thread for thinking outside of the box or what to do with the box...:D

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I like the idea of using the foam for coals... great idea!
Perhaps you could use the trays as.... trays! Load 'em up with fingers, eye balls, and other various body parts for a terrifying feast of some kind.
They might also make an interesting reflector for a lighting effect.... water, or fire, for example, by shining the appropriately colored light on them. Or perhaps as mock sheet metal panels for some sort of control panel or metal wall.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I like the coal idea too! I used some last year to carve a lock on my witches cage,sorry you can't see it well tho'

·
Registered
181 Posts
I like the idea of using the foam for coals... great idea!
Perhaps you could use the trays as.... trays! Load 'em up with fingers, eye balls, and other various body parts for a terrifying feast of some kind.
They might also make an interesting reflector for a lighting effect.... water, or fire, for example, by shining the appropriately colored light on them. Or perhaps as mock sheet metal panels for some sort of control panel or metal wall.
This is what i was thinking also! i had a neighbor when i was kid who made foods and put them in trays and said they were gross things... coked spaghetti in brown sauce and said they were worms... different things like that... you could set it up so those are what you offer the TOTs and then have candy at the very end...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts