Halloween Forum banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
(I already posted these in my other thread, but probably should have started a new thread for the Little Tikes items instead. Sorry for the double post.)

Here's a little quick and pretty much FREE repurpose I did this week. My husband picked up a really dirty and ancient Little Tikes Cozy Coupe from the garbage. I had a ghost with a broken base (which we cut off), and used pieces of a broken totes lid for accessories. I used a blowmold lollypop to make the Taxi light for the top. My little one and I picked through a bag of leftover Halloween toys and he decided on the bat 'rear view mirror' and the spiders. I even had most of the paint. Just had to buy a can of primer and some twine for the spider web.

View attachment 115307 View attachment 115308 View attachment 115309 View attachment 115310 View attachment 115311

...and yes ~ the TAXI light even works! :D
This reminds me of the Disney movie 'Halloweentown" love. it. Brings back childhood memories!

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Someone on here made a clown car out of a Little Tykes Cozy Coupe and put it on a remote control truck so they could run it up and down the driveway.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I've never had much luck with that paint but will give it another try AND I spotted a pile of everything from the cars to a playhouse today in a trash pile next to someone's apartment. Can't hurt to ask I guess. I almost committed a theft today at the grocery when I spotted one of those shopping carts with the kiddie car attached. There is even a perfect spot on the roof to paint "TAXI" across it ;)
YES!!!! The people threw out the toys and I got a cozy coupe and a harley motorcycle(SO cute!)....still a quad runner there but I couldn't see much potential with it and left it behind. Too late this year to paint these so I plan on spending the next year stocking up on Krylon paints a little at a time :)

·
Registered
665 Posts
oh wow, that is the most cutest thing, I been seeing more and more halloween addicts use kids toys and ghoul them up, great idea!

·
Margarita Goddess
5,440 Posts
Hilda super stuff here!! I pinned that baby vampire in the stroller long ago and had no idea it was yours. Just pinned the car.
I have a little tikes car that I want to make over into a Vampire mobile complete with fangs in front. I think. My reaper is too big to fit in the car, so am on the lookout for another one he can sit it. Sure wish I would have kept the Minnie Mouse Roadster. :(

IMG_5183.jpg

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Hilda super stuff here!! I pinned that baby vampire in the stroller long ago and had no idea it was yours. Just pinned the car.
I have a little tikes car that I want to make over into a Vampire mobile complete with fangs in front. I think. My reaper is too big to fit in the car, so am on the lookout for another one he can sit it. Sure wish I would have kept the Minnie Mouse Roadster. :(
Thanks so much! :)
haha I love the whimsy of the Reaper on the little car. LOL It does look like he'd be more comfortable in larger model. Good luck with your search!

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I forgot about this old thread. Thanks Bethany for bringing it up. I just went back through and I do have an update...

Unfortunately, I finally did have one of the projects have pretty bad peeling and flaking. Last year, one side of the haunted dollhouse bubbled up, and the top also had sections slough off. It was outside for a month, for three years before it peeled, but it was disappointing. That is the only one so far. (fingers crossed)

I actually have another cozy coupe project half finished, and was not sure if the paint will stay on. I am going ahead with it. I used a lot of primer on it first. We'll see. I am going to look into that heavy-duty cleanser before I do another one. Hopefully, it was just something on that house, and not all my projects are going to peel. Yipes.

I did want to share that information, so I am glad this thread was revisited.

·
Margarita Goddess
5,440 Posts
I'll be buying paint that says it adhears to plastic. Don't want to take any chances. When I did Paint It Black's dynomite sticks, the paint was tacky. So not going to do that again. I have 45 PVC candles to paint for 3 spiral candelabras & 36+ more if I decide to do the double ring & heart ones. :eek:

·
Margarita Goddess
5,440 Posts
Oh Definately will. Just have to decide how to do it. Saw a cute furry green monster one online!! LOL

·
black light queen
2,494 Posts
I forgot about this old thread. Thanks Bethany for bringing it up. I just went back through and I do have an update...

Unfortunately, I finally did have one of the projects have pretty bad peeling and flaking. Last year, one side of the haunted dollhouse bubbled up, and the top also had sections slough off. It was outside for a month, for three years before it peeled, but it was disappointing. That is the only one so far. (fingers crossed)

I actually have another cozy coupe project half finished, and was not sure if the paint will stay on. I am going ahead with it. I used a lot of primer on it first. We'll see. I am going to look into that heavy-duty cleanser before I do another one. Hopefully, it was just something on that house, and not all my projects are going to peel. Yipes.

I did want to share that information, so I am glad this thread was revisited.
hilda, i'm thinking it was possibly the mold release that the manufacturer sprays on the molds so that the parts pop out easier ... the cleanser should do the trick, i'd imagine ... but don't bet the farm on it, ;-) ;)

amk

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I'm resurrecting this thread.
I have to get motivated to work on three more yard toy makeovers this summer. Maybe publicly declaring my intentions will help keep me on track! haha

I did want to add this one to the thread. This isn't really a makeover, as it's simply spray painted another color. It was originally a red ride-on rocket. Easy repaint (with stainless steel appliance spray paint) to be a little rocket for the Alien Baby.

aliens.jpg LH rocket.jpg

This is one I started remaking into a lighthearted version of the Jeeper Creepers truck. Then I lost steam. I am determined to get this done this year.

LH creeper.jpg

Then a quick recap of the other items from in my display last year.

LH buggy.jpg LH dollhouse.jpg LH cab.jpg

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
This post is seriously inspiring! I wish I had room to store stuff like this. I may cave and just get a storage unit! These would be so fun to repurpose and they look amazing!
Storage Unit, way too organized! Naaahhh, just stack all the crap up in your basement, creating a fire hazard and making most stuff inaccessible, like I do!!!! ;)

The clown in the Little Tykes car, sits atop Mt. Halloween.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Storage Unit, way too organized! Naaahhh, just stack all the crap up in your basement, creating a fire hazard and making most stuff inaccessible, like I do!!!! ;)

The clown in the Little Tykes car, sits atop Mt. Halloween.
Haha if only! I live in a 900 square foot apartment with ZERO storage and I have two kids. Not Halloween storage friendly, unfortunately. :(

41 - 60 of 83 Posts