Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm Troy. I go by Troyzilla because I'm a huge Godzilla nerd. I have been collecting Godzilla vinyl figures for some time now. I plan on making my Godzilla collection part of my Halloween decorations for this year.

I just installed a Lucero RGB LED Strip with a bluetooth controller and it does a great job of illuminating them from below. I have decided to paint the spines of these figures in fluorescent paint and try to make them "glow" by hitting them with UV light. I have now found that I can buy a controller by itself, (the XCSOURCE Bluetooth RGB LED Strip Light Remote Control LD687), and plug a UV LED light strip into it. This strip will be right under the figures in my display.

What I would love to know is if 2016 tech has allowed UV LED strips to make these fluorescent painted areas glow sufficiently or if I would have to use a fluorescent tube black light. Also, are there any UV LED strips that function in the non-visible UV spectrum?(under 360 nm) so I can make these figures light up in their spine areas without flooding them with purplish light? The shortest wave UV LED strips I have found are 365 nm ones, and they are definitely more expensive than the 390-400 nm versions that are everywhere and cheap.

I appreciate anyone's advice on the matter.

·
black light queen
2,630 Posts
The reason those above 390 are cheap is they don't work very well. More purple than fluorescent.
yeah, you want stuff that is in the 365nm wavelength ... real black lights ... but unfortunately real black light leds are $$$ ... but the price is coming down

for "bang-for-the-buck" stick with compact fluorescent black light bulbs

the black light queen has spoken :) lol

amk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts