Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided I want to attempt making the full front of my house a haunted house/church type of theme to complete the front yard from just looking like tombstones etc thrown in the front. How do you go about attaching the insulation foam board as a facade to the full front of a house that has vinyl siding? We live on a very steep front hill, so I need to attach to the house and not have a lot of weight or something that needs to self stand, if that makes since.

This is a pic of the house....the garage door faces the front...not windows...I thought doing a crypt wall for that....:)

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
So, this isn't over the vinyl siding, but here's a snapshot of our garage doors 12195863_922522191156935_3183738607292285363_n.jpg using the pink insulation foam.

We used plastic screws and washers to hold it in place. We've also used christmas vinyl clips to hold things to the siding. You can find them on christmaslightsetc page (look for siding hook 40 pack)

Not exactly what you're looking for, but may give you some ideas. My biggest concern would be wind issues. Even with these on the garage doors, there was enough wind to have an impact.

We also used those clips and picture wire to hold things (using black marker to hide them better). Hope this helps!

·
Registered
21 Posts
You could maybe put some anchors in the wood overhang where the roof extends out from the wall, and use that to suspend your foam panels. For the bottom, either L brackets with something heavy (sandbags, paint cans) or stakes into the ground?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Going with what Nevermore said, if you could put some anchors in the overhang then secure the panels with fishing line to a attachment in the ground. I use spider line fishing line to secure my foam for boarded up windows. It holds up well even in strong winds although large panels would be more difficult. There is enough stretch in the line to hold my boards tight. Another option... wedge 2x4 between the ground and overhang spaced every 2-4 ft and then screw the foam panels to them. Use fender washers between the screw and foam to prevent pull out, paint them to match the façade. Keep it as close as you can to the house so the wind doesn't get behind it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
As well take a look at the "3M Command" removable hooks and adhesive tabs. We use them to stick cross bars directly to our windows, and they are fully removable with no residue. You could use the tabs to "glue" the panels to your garage door, with easy removal when your haunt is over for the year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts