Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a newbie haunter and have heard great things about Drylock. I am wanting to use a pressed cardboard(sawdust based) paneling outside. Would a couple good coats of Drylock protect it enough? Was just wondering about other haunter's experiences with it?

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,606 Posts
I've used it on foam board and some wood and it works well. Give it two coats to ensure adequate coverage but it should be pretty weather proof.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I'm using this type of material in sheets that looks like brick. When it gets wet it gets soggy. What kind of clear sealer is best for paneling like this so the weather outside dosen't ruin it?

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I'm using this type of material in sheets that looks like brick. When it gets wet it gets soggy. What kind of clear sealer is best for paneling like this so the weather outside dosen't ruin it?
I can't see your pic from this computer, but are you talking about this brick paneling? If so, I too would like to know if drylock would work. I built about 7 of these last year and the weather was so nice, I didn't do any sort of weatherproofing on them.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I think I would use clear polyeurathane in a matte finish. Drylock would cover up the paint job, and possibly fill in the mortar lines, taking away from the detail.

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,682 Posts
I know this is an old thread but hopefully someone will read this. Where did you buy the brick? I have been looking all over! Thanks!

Jack
Home depot or lowes, look in the paneling section.

I use flat /matte driveway sealer ( water based ) in thin layers coats. 3 coats do it fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts