Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang! Looking to build some props and need to power them? How about using a PC power supply! In this short video, I show you how to use a PC power supply to run your various projects, including a demo using a wiper motor!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Creepy Creations, thank you so much for this tutorial. I was trying to figure out how to use some PC power supplies I have for exactly this purpose (to power wiper motor props) and was just about to PM you about it when I saw this post. Thanks again for your great tutorials. BTW..I just finished your pirate rowboat and it looks great.

·
Halloween Elitist
2,890 Posts
Thanks CC, you made it easy to follow along , appreciate sharing your knowledge and taking the time to make this video for us guys that wanted to learn.

·
Registered
174 Posts
This post is SO timely. I'm junking some machines and wanted to salvage the power supplies for something halloween-related. Thanks!

·
Registered
344 Posts

·
Disney Inspired
840 Posts
I did this a couple years ago, here's a link to the tut I posted as well, it has some more detail to help you all out: http://www.halloweenforum.com/tutorials-and-step-by-step/89426-converting-atx-power-supply.html
I also used this tutorial a couple of years ago and it worked great.

However, it was brought to my attention (after completion) that these power supplies contain high voltage components. It is strongly suggested that you modify your power supply the way that CreepyCreations did in his video. If you do decide to open up the casing on the power supply, be sure that your supply has been unplugged for some time (days if not weeks) to allow the voltage to drain out of it. Even then, BE CAREFUL! TOUCHING THE WRONG COMPONENT CAN BE DEADLY!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sweet! I knew it was a good idea to hang onto those old power supplies :) Thanks Creepy Creations!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts