Halloween Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got two garden hoses that I simply can't stand anymore (too many kinks), so it's time to retire them and put them to good use on Halloween. Any suggestions on what to make with them?

Our current plan is to create a secret, toxic, mad scientist lab in our garage. So if you're suggestion fits that theme, then bonus points. :)

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,638 Posts
Snakes. I'd lay them out next to each other, then do some striping designs with spray paint, then cut them into snake lengths and make a snake pit.

Could also make an iron bar cage using lengths of hose. If you use them for the front of a cage, you could put a science experiment or lab test subject (zombie? monster?) actor inside, and then have them "bend" the bars if someone gets too close.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oooh, I love it. I've been toying with getting air sprayers around the ankles, but that was seemingly too expensive for me this season. But this might be a great little alternative.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Snakes. I'd lay them out next to each other, then do some striping designs with spray paint, then cut them into snake lengths and make a snake pit.

Could also make an iron bar cage using lengths of hose. If you use them for the front of a cage, you could put a science experiment or lab test subject (zombie? monster?) actor inside, and then have them "bend" the bars if someone gets too close.
Hmmmmm. For the bars, would they hang down by themselves, or would there be wire or something inside to keep them stiffer/straighter? I'll have to check the length of hose to see if this might work.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,638 Posts
Hmmmmm. For the bars, would they hang down by themselves, or would there be wire or something inside to keep them stiffer/straighter? I'll have to check the length of hose to see if this might work.
I'd likely drill holes at the top and bottom of the hose lengths and then run thin cord through to tie them off at the top and bottom with the front of the cage arranged so you can't see the tied areas (some sort of framing?). But there's likely another better way to get them suspended and looking like solid bars and still having lots of flex when needed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts