Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 11 gallon storeage tank I was thinking of using downnline from my compressor.

It has an input like you would find on a car tire.
I am pretty new to this stuff.
so what do I need to connect a compressor with 1/4" hose to this storeage tank?

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The storeage tank has an output fitted with a quick release.
I am not that familar with the different fitting.
I assume there is something to adapt my 1/4 inch hose to this tire like input nozzle on the storeage tank

My output regulator on the storage tank is going to be 100psi. I was going to set the regulater on the compressor to 110psi. So air shouldnt be able to go into the compressor tank, right?

·
Registered
265 Posts
The way

I reconfigure those tanks, is I muscle off the fitting going into the tank, and retro fit my own ...should be inch and half NPT male fitting , and you can adapt it down to 1/4" or 1/8" NPT female output ports (using a T)...all parts available from HD or Lowes in the plumbing dept. The good thing about the fitting already installed on those tanks, is it has a pressure relief valve set right below the tank's max air pressure rating. There are several fittings at your local hardware store you can use to adapt to the already installed fitting....and yes, as long as the output pressure from your compressor is greater than the tanks pressure, you won't need a check valve (only allows air to flow one way), but it's always safe to have a check valve in-line...:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts