Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Shadow box dancer
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I just purchased our first new house. We found out early on in our relationship that we both liked Halloween, so having our own pumpkin patch has always been of interest to us. When looking at houses this house already had a built in raised bed. I instantly knew that is where I wanted my pumpkin patch. However, I didn't know if southern Cali (the Valley to more precise) was a good place to grow pumpkins. So I planted them anyway.

Attachments

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
Good luck. Just hope you don't end up with my problem. I can grow ridiculously awesome and healthy squash of all types, including pumpkins... but the NEVER bear fruit! It has been six or seven years since the last time I actually got a squash, pumpkin or melon from a plant growing in my yard in spite the fact that they always end up being spectacularly vigorous monsters. :D

·
Shadow box dancer
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I planted the pumpkin seeds on April 24th. Two generic pumpkin seeds and one jumbo seed in each mound. Then...............

NOTHING HAPPENED!!!!!!!!

However my mom planted some of the leftover seeds in toilet paper rolls in an extra pot in the container garden. Then on May 3rd this little guy popped up in one of the toilet paper rolls!!!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts