Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many years ago I had a couple of foam skulls from Michaels so I thought it would look neat to put them on some bamboo rods, add a little great stuff for brain matter and some red paint for blood. We've found a place for these in our haunt almost every year. Decided to give them a new look for future haunts so did some paper mache work on one of them. Will do the other one next but this creeps them up a bit.

Before

After

·
Registered
409 Posts
Those look great jdubbya:) They remind me of something you would see in a kind of voodoo swamp bayou setting, like on Pirates of the Caribbean (there's an inspiration for your next theme!)

pirates 2.jpg pirates3.jpg

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those look great jdubbya:) They remind me of something you would see in a kind of voodoo swamp bayou setting, like on Pirates of the Caribbean (there's an inspiration for your next theme!)

View attachment 411705 View attachment 411713
They do have a swampy look to them. The witch forest scene will have a lot of organic elements so I think they'll fit in pretty well.

Spooky. They would make cool path markers in our woods. Another winner!
Thanks. I could see a bunch of them lining a path. Easy enough to make. If time allows I might do a couple more closer to Halloween.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Couple pics from last night. Played around with some lighting

·
Registered
458 Posts
Great corpsing!

I'm curious about the paper and paste you used. Was it just newspaper or something with more "weight" to it?

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great corpsing!

I'm curious about the paper and paste you used. Was it just newspaper or something with more "weight" to it?
I use Kleenex hand towels. They're sold as one ply but you can separate them into two sheets. The paste is just 2:1 elmers glue/water

1 - 12 of 12 Posts