Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so some of you have seen the "new" cannon from last year. Click Me!

I had all sorts of issues with getting the mechanics/electronics worked out. I am happy to say, after way too many months ... it's working.

Here she is in all her glory!

Finally, one prop completed!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Awesome job sequencing up the cannon shot. I've got to get to work on mine, last year was just using the fog machine on timer and remotely, time to sequence it up. Thinking about using a vaporizer coil to do my smoke blast, instead of relying on the fog machine being ready. Link to my 2014 cannon build.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cannons are fun to build. You did a nice job on yours.

The way I built this one, the back part of the cannon is a fog reservoir so I only have to trigger the fog once during the sequence. It goes off for a very short time before the 1st shot. The 2nd shot is what's still in the back of the cannon that didn't get used. I also have it sequenced to have a break between triggers so it very rarely is not ready for the next sequence.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Holy Smolly that is awesome! What is it made of? Do you have production photos? Thanks for sharing :)
It's the typical sono tube construction method seen on here. Been making them that way for years. Only difference is I made this into a 2 section cannon barrel. I did that so if I had to replace any of the inner workings, I could get to it. A fog machine, fan and LED lights.

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK, so some of you have seen the "new" cannon from last year. Click Me!

I had all sorts of issues with getting the mechanics/electronics worked out. I am happy to say, after way too many months ... it's working.

Here she is in all her glory!

Finally, one prop completed!
Great cannon! I’m building one for next Halloween and I think I know how I want to construct it, but one thing there is very little info about online is how the fan, fog hose, and light are arranged inside the tube. How did you arrange yours? How did you install them? What type of LED lights did you use?

Your light/sound/fog action is the best I’ve seen so anything you can tell me about how your cannon’s insides are configured, I’d appreciate the help.

thabks!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Great cannon. I love to read the details and what you used to make it all work. ie electronics and timing program. All my cannons are fog and lights, sound, but not sequenced. My lights are sound activated by the fog machine. I'd love to upgrade for next year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts