Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone! I put some of those cheap jelly decorations (fake blood) on my refrigerator. When I took them off they left red ghost images of themselves. I've tried several things to get the stain off and so far nothing has worked. I'll make a list of what I have tried. My fridge is white and has a smooth surface so anything too abrasive is out.

bleach
magic eraser
bon ami
bar keepers friend
alcohol

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,454 Posts
Goo Gone maybe? It's not a harsh chemical so it's safe to use around kids & animals. Plus if you ever need a sticker removed from anything it's the only thing to use.

I'd also try some Oxi Clean, but get the powdered kind. Mix enough water with it to make a paste that will stick to the fridge & check on it every 30 minutes or so.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Not sure how you'd apply it, but when I get tough stains on my white composite counter-tops, I put down bleach soaked paper towels over the stain and leave it overnight. The next day- voila! Pristine white counter-tops!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Try baking soda and dawn dish soap. Make it into a paste. I use that for just about any stubborn stain and do okay. You might also try soft scrub with bleach. If you’re worried about it making contact while it sits, put some plastic wrap over it and secure it with painters tape. Should alleviate transfer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts