Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the Untimely Death Statue from Spirit a few days back and I noticed the lip does not look quite right. I was wondering how anyone would go about fixing this or at least reducing it. Behind the latex there is a clear plastic mask to give it shape. The mouth area has no plastic so stuffing lint in it or foam will not work. Maybe some hot glue behind it?

Link to product.
http://www.spirithalloween.com/product/svi-untimely-death-statue/

Mine

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spirit will not take animations back in the store according to policy. I would rather not ship and risk being without it for the big day.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought an Untimely Death Statue that has the same problem. My Spirit store did let me exchange it with no issues. However, when I opened the box I was very disappointed to see that the replacement's face was worse. Spirit did not have another for me to exchange in store so I opted for a refund. I'm disappointed with the quality control in animatronics this year. I also purchased the Creepy Rising Doll and the mouth and face was jacked up really bad on it too.

·
Registered
76 Posts
We bought 7 new props from Spirit this year including Untimley Death. We live 3 hours away from Spirit but make the trip every year. We don't open our props though until we get home but we have the same concern with her. She's my least favorite prop this year, she just doesn't look like a statue. Anyway, we are going to make due for this year but next year I was thinking of somehow making her into one of those weeping angel type props...like in the photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
Heat up the latex with a hair dryer and manipulate the lip until you are satisfied with how it looks. That's what i did. Not perfect but far better than what it was.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will try the hair dryer once I work up the nerve to do it. Sounds like a plan. I'll sheild everything with cardboard except the lip area, hold it from behind and have the wife heat it slowly.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I used Apoxie sculpt for the first time this year on a new prop. It is a 2-part epoxy clay that dries rock hard in about 12 hours. I believe this you could fix this issue using this method. You have about 30 minutes working time after you start mixing it and you can use a wet finger to smooth edges. After it has set you can sand it and paint it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Reviving an old thread - anyone else has this prop and have any idea on getting the mouth to move again? I've had it for a few years, but the lips no longer move. I wrote Dr. Zombie but since they don't make this anymore they didn't have any advice. Any repair tips would be appreciated - if not, I'll just run her without sound next year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts