Halloween Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
We took most of the stuff down Wednesday night and Thursday morning. We packed away cords and some prop bases this afternoon. Three cars and two people walking stopped today to thank us for our display. Just the thanks of passersby this year amazed me. And the fact they are still stopping after it鈥檚 gone blows me away.

Registered
This was the first time I'd "haunted" a house since 2014. We had to sell our home and move in with family when I had to retire in 2015, and our current neighborhood gets zero TOTer's. My "stuff" has been in storage all these years, but this year I got to "haunt" our son's home.
It went pretty well, I have a lot of ideas for next year, and we just got everything put away in storage today before it started to rain, I'm grateful for that. I've got a few things I can work on for next year. We got several compliments, but just wait until they see everything I have next year. They won't know what hit them when I'm done.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It always amazes me that something that takes me a year to plan out and create and take 2-3 months to setup all comes down in two weekends. I'm lucky that I have plenty of storage, but I still end up playing Tetris with my wife fitting everything back into the storage sheds.

Registered
It always amazes me that something that takes me a year to plan out and create and take 2-3 months to setup all comes down in two weekends. I'm lucky that I have plenty of storage, but I still end up playing Tetris with my wife fitting everything back into the storage sheds.
Who knew that video game would come in so handy later in life?

~ The guy who packs the car for camping trips

Registered
It is always bittersweet putting everything away knowing that it will be a while before you get to play with your spooky toys again. Good news is we got to play with them! And yes, a few hours of ToT and 2 hard days of packing it up and bruising my knees and getting splinters in my backside scooting across the attic playing Halloween Tetris/Jenga.

Registered
Always bittersweet taking everything down, until next year. View attachment 757235
Is that structure a pallet structure (made from pallets)?....Did you move it with your tractor?.....If so, did it balance OK while you were in transit?....I'm curious because I'm thinking of building something similar and using the forks to move it....I mounted a couple things on pallets this year and moved them to the yard and it worked fine....Not sure if something tall like that would be tipsy...I got the shorter 36 inch forks....Thanks....ZR

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's my witch hut. Made out of pallets, I've got pallet forks on mine as well. Picture doesn't show it well but it's strapped over the top of the roof down to behind the forks. It's rickety as heck but I go real slow and it's still in one piece after moving it a few times. The pallet forks have been a huge back saver on moving some of the bigger props around. Especially the twelve foot skeletons in their boxes.

Registered
It's my witch hut. Made out of pallets, I've got pallet forks on mine as well. Picture doesn't show it well but it's strapped over the top of the roof down to behind the forks. It's rickety as heck but I go real slow and it's still in one piece after moving it a few times. The pallet forks have been a huge back saver on moving some of the bigger props around. Especially the twelve foot skeletons in their boxes.
Your right, back saver for sure....I put all kinds of stuff on pallets now....I've got some old sheets of tin roof laying around, I thought about building some of those pallet structures with a roof to help keep the weather off the animatronics and then just moving them into the woods when I'm not using them but not sure I want all that "junk" in the woods in the off season...Would be awesome to attach lighting,netting,etc....Basically build a complete scene and simply move it to the area, plug and play....ZR

1 - 16 of 16 Posts