Halloween Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
We had 2 stores and they had Halloween stuff on clearance Sept 1st.... I was like WTF?? Then of course the Xmas crap comes pouring in.
Money making holiday for sure and china-mart capitalizes on it as early as can be.....

·
Chocolate is my BFF!
4,227 Posts
I agree with you on this one. That is what I have been noticing myself. Sad isn't it?

I haven't been impressed with Big Lots Halloween stuff in the last few years anyway so I think I'm done with them for this year. I haven't even really liked their Christmas stuff either so no great loss for me. In general they used to have better stuff no matter what season. I think the prices have gone up & the quality has gone down.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Halloween merchandise sections seem to be smaller in general. Very disappointing.
In the bigger stores like China mart the quality is geared towards 5 year olds... everything with smiling faces and crap. Really? Halloween
is suppose t be scare not rainbows and cupcakes.... 90% of their stuff is junk.......

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,100 Posts
In the bigger stores like China mart the quality is geared towards 5 year olds... everything with smiling faces and crap. Really? Halloween is suppose t be scare not rainbows and cupcakes.... 90% of their stuff is junk.......
I can't believe I'm defending Walmart but here I go. They're going for a large generic market so they're not gonna sell Zombie Babies or Jumping Spiders, Freddy or Jason replicas. Just like Spirit isn't going to sell "rainbows & cupcakes."

Though I remember a time when Walmart had a TON of full sized props in store. Now all of that is online & they keep the generic Halloween stuff for their brick & mortar store because that's who is shopping there.

Plus there's plenty of places out there now that sell scary stuff but it won't be at Walmart's prices & if all else fails, you do like we do, you make your own.

FTR, I still haven't been into a Big Lots since I first posted about it earlier in this thread.:D I'm still cheesed about the trees as early as they had them.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Working at a retail store for 30 years I can tell you why...people will buy it..in fact ..retailers do it so they have no inventory left afterwards on each holiday..that is the main reason they do it..because they don't want to mark things down..they don't make money that way...and most of all..as soon as its out..people buy it!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts