Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to post this and see what yaw thought, stopped by the local mega Walmart today on the way home from work had to pick up a couple of things. And what to my surprise did appear, XMAS right down the way from Halloween. Yep the Sam Walton minions are already putting the Xmas stuff out. MY hand to God one aisle had summer clearance stuff, swimming, pool supplies and the such the next aisle had Halloween (and not that much I should mention) and by the checkout in the back where I always go to get out of the mad house was Xmas stuff. Trees, nativity scenes and reefs.
Has corporate greed gotten that bad or am I just over reacting....? :eek:

So if anyone wants to get ahead of the neighbor , on setting up for Christmas decorations I know where you can go, at least in the Arl, Tx area

·
Registered
139 Posts
Christmas creep. As far as I know, the last 3 years have included the xmas stuff going out with the Halloween. It's certainly true at Michael's crafts.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,964 Posts
I forgive craft stores for mixing their holidays because serious crafters are into Christmas already (if not earlier) like we're into Halloween in July (or earlier). I also don't mind the lights being up now because we use that stuff too.

But Big Lots can kiss my backside because they had a fully lit, yet not decorated, Christmas tree up a couple of weeks ago along with 2 aisles of decor.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yep, I had to do a double take the other day when I saw Christmas wrapping paper in my WM. I also stopped into Big Lots today and they are fully stocked for Christmas, a huge display of trees and aisles of ornaments :p

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I was at a Dollar Tree this evening and even though they have a couple rows of Halloween out, they had one endcap full of Christmas stuff - ornaments, craft packets for kids, etc. :eek:

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Time to grab the 'Bah Humbug' hat out of storage and put it to use, I see:D Not sure which stores may stock them in Texas, but they tend to sell them at Meijer here around Creepsmas (or there are many on ebay at the moment);)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeah, our Michaels had their Christmas aisles in almost full swing in August! And our Dollar Tree already has a half aisle of Xmas too! Even though they aren't even done putting the Halloween and Fall stuff out. O_O

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I could see a craft store having a Christmas aisle all the time,since so many love to make those crafty holiday nick-nacks.
With the incredible traffic almost any Wal-Mart sees.. I can't see them putting stuff out that early. People shop for "price",so they will shop Wally, no matter..

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
They do this for one simple reason - to make you spend money. And if it didn't work they wouldn't be doing it. Not only does it promote Christmas décor but it gets people in the mindset that Christmas is coming and gifts must be bought. That's where the real money is. I don't begrudge them this. After all, it is retail and that's what they do.

Reactions: 6-paq

·
Registered
251 Posts
I was at a Dollar Tree this evening and even though they have a couple rows of Halloween out, they had one endcap full of Christmas stuff - ornaments, craft packets for kids, etc. :eek:
I noticed some Christmas items at my Dollar Tree last evening also and was a bit shocked! I thought they were making up for taking sooooo long to get the Halloween merchandise on the shelves. :eek:

·
Registered
668 Posts
Time to grab the 'Bah Humbug' hat out of storage and put it to use, I see:D Not sure which stores may stock them in Texas, but they tend to sell them at Meijer here around Creepsmas (or there are many on ebay at the moment);)
Funny to see this mentioned. I have a black Santa hat that says "bah humbug!" On it that I wear right after Halloween. It will go nicely with my "I'm grumpy, not Santa!" Shirt I got at Disney.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Both of my local Big Lots, for example, have only small sections of Halloween to make way for Christmas stuff. The one store had Halloween in, let's say, Aisle "A", then not long after, I come back and find that the Halloween stuff had been moved from this large Aisle "A" to make way for Christmas. The Christmas plan-o-grams were all in place. Seriously. I get so irate (to myself) when I see entirely more "Christmas crap" (as I put it) up in September than Halloween.

Ok, end of rant. It's Friday and I'm doing a little Halloween shopping tonight after work, and that's way too awesome for bad vibes :D

·
Head Witch
2,872 Posts
Had to post this and see what yaw thought, stopped by the local mega Walmart today on the way home from work had to pick up a couple of things. And what to my surprise did appear, XMAS right down the way from Halloween. Yep the Sam Walton minions are already putting the Xmas stuff out. MY hand to God one aisle had summer clearance stuff, swimming, pool supplies and the such the next aisle had Halloween (and not that much I should mention) and by the checkout in the back where I always go to get out of the mad house was Xmas stuff. Trees, nativity scenes and reefs.
Has corporate greed gotten that bad or am I just over reacting....? :eek:

So if anyone wants to get ahead of the neighbor , on setting up for Christmas decorations I know where you can go, at least in the Arl, Tx area
Im on the South side of Fort Worth our walmarts aren't any better.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,964 Posts
I haven't been impressed with Big Lots Halloween stuff in the last few years anyway so I think I'm done with them for this year. I haven't even really liked their Christmas stuff either so no great loss for me. In general they used to have better stuff no matter what season. I think the prices have gone up & the quality has gone down.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
After reading the posts about "Christmas" being pushed forward in the season, i was checking out at the local grocery store, I bought a loaf of bread and a sweet roll.. imagine my extreme surprise when I glanced at the computer screen at my items I was being charged for when I saw: CHRISTMAS TREE $39.95 !"
I spun my head around, no "Tree" anywhere to be seen it's still September !
I began laughing.
They have numbered register keys and one accidentally tapped key was just for Christmas trees!
... "NOT YET!"

·
Halloween Elitist
2,890 Posts
I forgive craft stores for mixing their holidays because serious crafters are into Christmas already (if not earlier) like we're into Halloween in July (or earlier). I also don't mind the lights being up now because we use that stuff too.

But Big Lots can kiss my backside because they had a fully lit, yet not decorated, Christmas tree up a couple of weeks ago along with 2 aisles of decor.
You're so crazy, RCIAG, lol

1 - 20 of 29 Posts