Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was an unexpected suprise. Last year after Halloween (actually after Thanksgiving) I tossed the jack o'lanterns into the woods behind our house. Imagine my suprise when I noticed this vine growing while cutting the lawn this Summer. And yes, there are pumpkins! Not large, but very sincere...I'm hoping for a visit from the Great Pumpkin Halloween Night!
PunkinVine.jpg
PumpkinGrowing.jpg

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
That sort of happened to me last year. I left a pumpkin out by the garage and the squirrels got to it and scattered the seeds all over the yard. I ended up with six pumpkin plants in the yard. The grew and bloomed nicely, but it turns out they aren't a plant bumblebees like to pollinate, so no pumpkins for me. Thanks to colony collapse disorder, we have virtually no honey bees locally and have to rely on bumblebees to pollinate everything unless I go out and do it by hand.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Ah that's awesome!!! We've had a plant pop up in our front yard a few times but, I haven't successfully dug it out to move it, before the landscapers mow it over.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
9 Participants
nhh
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing