Halloween Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A far cry from our typically walkthrough.

If you haven't seen our treat station before...

2/3 of my kids questioned me for backlighting the corn. It goes against the general rules I lay down for the yard lighting, but in this case, it was specifically to hide the projector behind the arch as your eye catches the green wall rather than the projector glow behind. So effective I had many adults asking how we were doing the arch movie as they couldn't tell it was a projector...which should have been obvious.

The wing walls are new to the arch this year, and it will make a fabulous entrance eventually, but it also makes a great stage.

Trevor lit by nothing but candles.

And, yeah...There was something about the silly movie that absolutely transfixed kids about 3-7 years old. There's singing and dancing skeletons, and they'd dance along and cry if their parents tried to make them move on. (Bone chillers 1 and 2 from AtmosFX)

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
Very nice job UnOrthodOx! Change is good and people get curious in advance what to expect next year so I think it creates excitement to visit your house again. The whole archway/projection/cornstalks area really commands the space as a stage. Loved the photo with all the kids sitting and watching. I liked the green backlit stocks. Trevor, so peaceful at rest LOL.

We used the same Bone Chillers dancing skeletons one year and it does fascinate the younger kids especially who tend to be the ones standing watching the longest. AtmosFX has quality projections that are fun. At this young age, everything is still a mystery and exciting and they’re not jaded at that age. Our neighborhood has a lot of younger kids and I try to gear my decor to them. We have a few neighbors decorating that cater more to the older kids with gore and scares.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,718 Posts
Oh my stars - that is wonderful. I know it is dramatically smaller than your usual, but YOUR usual is so epic that even this bite-sized (ha) version is perfectly perfect. LOVE the archway/scrim setup too.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,677 Posts
Having followed your haunt for years and seen it develop, grow, evolve and even down size, you always put on a great and imaginative display. I love the arch and the back lit corn is really eerie. Another super haunt that I'm sure everyone who visited enjoyed! Nice treat table too! I'd be grazing there for sure!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts