Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
I take it that these are "haunt style" theme nights at the Universal studios theme park..right?

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
They sound like they should be fantastic..
Any Forum members ever been?

·
Creepy Clown Is Redundant
642 Posts
Yeah been there about six times.Some of the houses are insane, and some are weak.The bad thing is the crowds and the money, lots of both. I'll be taking a break from HHN this year.

·
Ghouls Rule
2,589 Posts
Ive been to a few in the past and all I can say is there were usually only like 6-9 different houses and I only got to 4 each time. The lines to get in each were horribly long, I waited hours to go in a few and maybe 45 min for the others. All of them and I mean all were such a quick walkthrough I dont know why the line was taking so long. I think I was in one for all of less than a minute? I left before the park closed I was so disgusted. This was my first time going to that, then I got talked into going again and I thought well its been a few years perhaps they improved the attractions and wait times. Nope, same deal as before. Total waste of money. The haunts themselves were laughable, one guy was wearing a cheap wherewolf costume and looed to be standing on a dryer so when he stomped it made a loud sound but it was so cheasy, not what you would expect from Universal you know? The park atmosphere was OK, but to be honest, the park is so large there was no way they could keep the atmosphere going everywhere, you ended up being in pockets of cool atmosphere to regular theme park stuff. If you want a fun time I highly recommend Busch Gardens halloween events. I have never been let down there, they have alot of haunted "houses" and themed walkthroughs (scare zones) and to top it all off you can ride many of their rides, Im looking at the wooden rollercoaster :) at night. Loads of fun. Plus its cheaper and they have decent group rates of 4 or more where its only $20 a person. One last thing is that they get volunteers to dress up in their own costumes and come out to scare people and work the haunts. Volunteers that BG brings in do a really good job getting into character and we always have alot of fun. Hope this helps anyone thinking about where to go for halloween events. :3

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
I'm kinda surprised...I would have thought if anybody was going to put on a good Halloween show it would have been Universal..

·
The Grim Reaper
921 Posts
Any theme park you go to for a halloween event consists of long lines. They moved our local Jaycees haunt last year into silver springs and it was like a 2 hour plus wait for a pretty lame haunt.

·
Hauntless
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, I agree the lines are long. The first year we went ('04) we waited in these loooong lines but what made it pretty tolerable was the shot bars they had in the middle of the queue :p By the time we got to the haunt we were pretty lit up and happy :)

Later that night we learned about the 'Express Pass' they sell. We swore that if we were to go back we'd invest in that for sure. The next year we did and it was worth every penny! Made it much more enjoyable, head of the line at every haunt. But, that is why I think you had to wait an extra long time to get in. :rolleyes:

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
I have been to the halloweekends at cedar point a couple times. The first time it was rainy all day long and i had a blast.Not many people and no long lines. The second time i went it wasnt very good because it was so packed with people we only got to go to half the haunted houses.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I'm not impressed with the choices either. Saw is overplayed and boring now. Chucky is lame. The wolfman actually seems the coolest. The strangers would be cool. That movie scared the crap outta me.

Me and my hubby were planning on going to universal's this year, because we're gonna be at disney for their halloween stuff.

·
Registered
487 Posts
you guys just dont know whens the best time to go i have been going for 9 years now. The best time to go where there is less crowds and more of a chance to get to all the houses is the last weekend of Sept. which is the 25 and 26 this year. Its the sneek preview weekend , grand opening of HHN. Tickets are cheaper as well. If you live in the central Florida area. I suggest getting a Fear Pass. Its the same price as a regular ticket and you can go sun-thu. and do all of the houses at a slower pace . I will def. be there this year as i have been the years past. always check the site they have the theme park layout of where the attractions will be know which ones you want to go to so your not wasting time. And don't bother riding the regular rides at the park , theres no point in doing it that and you will probably end up waiting an hour there when you could of been enjoying a house.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yes, I agree the lines are long. The first year we went ('04) we waited in these loooong lines but what made it pretty tolerable was the shot bars they had in the middle of the queue :p By the time we got to the haunt we were pretty lit up and happy :)

Later that night we learned about the 'Express Pass' they sell. We swore that if we were to go back we'd invest in that for sure. The next year we did and it was worth every penny! Made it much more enjoyable, head of the line at every haunt. But, that is why I think you had to wait an extra long time to get in. :rolleyes:
Terra, how much is the Express Pass? Does that include hotel? Is it for (1) day/night? When does the Halloween Horror Nights start? I should know this, I live in FL. :eek:

·
Hauntless
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Terra, how much is the Express Pass? Does that include hotel? Is it for (1) day/night? When does the Halloween Horror Nights start? I should know this, I live in FL. :eek:
I'm trying to remember how much it was. I think it was another $40? Around that anyway. Worth every penny. No lines at all. I went to the site and they don't have prices up for it yet. But, they did have details on their Gory Getaway and how much the regular tickets are: Halloween Horror Nights 2009

The express pass has nothing to do with a hotel stay like they have at Disney. It's all separate. And, it's only good for one night.

·
Creepy Clown Is Redundant
642 Posts
The Express Pass is about $60 , I remember cuz after everything it comes out around $100 for Fl residents. Ticket price depends on what day of the week you go.I avoid opening weekend cuz park closes ealier, 12am compared to 2am .

·
Registered
122 Posts
I must say that HHN is one of the best i've been to!
I see that the poster is for FL? Im in San Diego so it's gonna be a stretch going across the country, does anyone have an idea on the theme for Universal in Hollywood?

·
...is up to no good
1,295 Posts
Until this thread I have never heard anyone say anything bad about HHN.

I'm pretty surprised.

I was curious and I think it has been confirmed that if you go earlier in the season and especially on a week night, then it's much less crowded??

1 - 20 of 25 Posts