Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from Universal's Horror Nights,and it was FREAKING SWEET !!!

The scare zones through out the park had everybody screaming and the haunted houses had so much detail..WOW!

I mean as soon as you walk thru the gates all you see is haze of smoke. The fog machines are everywhere. Man I love the smell of fog juice in the evening,smells like..well it smells like FEAR!!!

If you get a chance to go you have to..you just have to. Florida haunted houses and other behind the scenes information

I have gotten so many ideas from this trip. I am going to work on 2 of them today.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is to bad. It realy was fantastic.

It's hard to say what hgouse was the best...the detai and design was fantastic.

I took my time walking thru them all so I could check out the decor.

If I had to choose I would have to say scary tales was the best. Not the biggest but I enjoyed it the most that and Creatures.

The worst would be dead exposure. I say worst not because of the set design or theme but of all the flashing strobes that simulated camera flashes...very annoying.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'm going to Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood on the 18'th. I'm looking forward to The Strangers maze and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre maze. (And the Home Sweet Hell Maze) Pretty Much all of them. =]

·
Registered
994 Posts
Sounds like a great time.

I'm going to be applying to work for Universal soon, specifically trying to get in with their HHN crew. They work on it year round and have their ideas planned for the next 2 years. w00t.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HELLO!!!!!!! I don't want to hear how much fun it was I want to see pics!!!!!!!!!!

I know, I know. The sad thing is that I couldn't take any pics. While standing in line for my first house the bottom fell out of the sky. It rained or drizzled for about the next 3 hours or so. I was drenched all night:( but I didn't care I still had a blast. :D But no pics.

Youtube has some videos up that show some of the scare zones pretty good.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I will tell anyone- ANYONE- that goes to these that the best bet is to buy the front of the line passes.
Yes, they are way more expensive, but believe me, when the people holding them walk right by you after you've been standing in line for 80 minutes, you'll regret it!

Also, UNIVERSAL HOLLYWOOD needs to mix it up. The mazes have been pretty much the same the last few years.
Sure, they've addes some folks with THE STRANGERS masks in the Universal Monsters maze, but other than that, it's the same old, same old.

That didn't stop me from going, naturally!

·
Registered
735 Posts
We went about two years ago on what happened to be their busiest night of the event. We ran from the starting gate to the first haunt and had to wait 2 hours to get in. And once in the employees were practically pushing you through. We didn't get to see half of the animations. Unless I have the VIP pass which is the separate line I will never go again. Way too many people. We went to customer service and the guy at the counter whispered to us they oversold tickets to the tune of 10,000 people. They gave us some free fast passes and sent us on our way. I hope others have a better time.

·
Creepy Clown Is Redundant
642 Posts
I was there on Sunday and I don't plan on going back . They were out of the regular fastpass so we bought a 10pm to 12am pass. Some of the fastpass lines were 30 mins which didn't give us enough time to see the 6 house we needed to visit. Maybe I'v been there too many times because I recognize some of the sets from previous years. I can't say that anything really stood out to me. Too much money and too much waiting for something mediocre. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was there on Sunday and I don't plan on going back . They were out of the regular fastpass so we bought a 10pm to 12am pass. Some of the fastpass lines were 30 mins which didn't give us enough time to see the 6 house we needed to visit. Maybe I'v been there too many times because I recognize some of the sets from previous years. I can't say that anything really stood out to me. Too much money and too much waiting for something mediocre. Just my 2 cents.
Sorry you had a bad time.

I went on a thursday night. I was going to buy a fastpass online but thought since it was on a thursday night that there wouldn't be many people ...WRONG!! Fast passes sold out before I got there but I still managed to see 7 out of 8 houses. Could of seen the last one but was way to tired and soaking wet.

If you go spring for the fastpass and get it early also some ladies told me that they did the stay and scream and got to visit three of the houses before the park even re-opened.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts