Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Do any of you guys own any props from unit70.com? Unit 70 studios has some pretty cool props and animatronics might buy a prop for this year I narrowed it down to these listed they are animated sorry no videos of them though which one would you think would make the best scare? The corn maze monster is 8-10 feet tall!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
here are some videos of its not brain surgery and psycho killer animatronic

·
Registered
76 Posts
Unit 70 Studios made its debut at TransWorld Chicago 2003. This debut featured a 13' character named Yoggoth,

I convinced Bo to sell me unpainted Yoggoth skins. The skins were all cast using foam-filled latex. As you can see, Yoggoth's upper torso is more of a foam "appliance",

I think this is a great way to make a spectacular Unit 70 Studios prop more affordable. Bo currently sells the finished, static Yoggoth for $3,299. I can't remember what I paid for the skins, but I guarantee you'll save a good chunk of change. Bo doesn't sell the unpainted skins on his website. Tell him "Joe Stone (aka, Wicked Beernut)" sent you. He'll remember. I was one of his first customers. I'm confident (?) he'll sell you the unpainted skins for any prop. You can incorporate your own custom, animatronics.

wbn

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I cant get in contact with him I called the number on the website and emailed them a person named hillie always answers do you have an email or number to get a hold of him?

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
did you see the huge king kreeper? I love that prop too its like 8 grand though I have no clue how to make it animatronic I asked her about the corn maze monster I need him 8 feet which is still huge I want him indoors and a 10 foot prop wouldn't fit she said she can have him more in a crouched position and have him come apart also if I had it do less motion like his head move, mouth and arms and waiste if I just wanted the mouth to move it would be cheaper!! I don't think it would be the same though for the king kreeper!

·
Registered
76 Posts
The static King Creeper ($3,759) and static Corn Maze Monster ($2,899) are both 10' tall. However, I think the Corn Maze Monster may work better from a crouched position. I'd start with the Corn Maze Monster in a crouched position, right hand on its thigh ... then slowly stand it up while raising / extending the right hand / arm forward. I'd bow the head as it comes within a few inches of the ceiling. This will emphasize how big the monster is.

I'd think you could build your own animatronic version of the Corn Maze Monster using unpainted skins for $1,500 - $2,000.

wbn

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
unit 70s communication is terrible no answers to phone calls and no one is answering emails its been weeks now. They posted on facebook that they are taking new orders but they don't respond back?

·
Registered
444 Posts
unit 70s communication is terrible no answers to phone calls and no one is answering emails its been weeks now. They posted on facebook that they are taking new orders but they don't respond back?
It seems like a lot of these new Halloween/prop companies are more into the creative side and didn't create a good plan for the business side. If you're spending that much for a single prop the customer service should be outstanding.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've ordered a krampus for last season, the static one with a caged kid.. never had any trouble contacting them or communicating..
sometimes it can take a day..but Hillie is awesome to work with.
they are also very cool at doing custom mods.. I asked that my prop be made to separate at the waist for transport and storage and they did it
with no questions asked :) well for a few extra $$ for the metal work..
this season I'm ordering the female flying vampire, again static because I went and ordered a animated jumping spider from nevermore productions :)
but for 2018, I'm getting an animated something from unit70 maybe crawler prt2 I'd love the new demon warrior but the size might be an issue for storage LOL

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've ordered a krampus for last season, the static one with a caged kid.. never had any trouble contacting them or communicating..
sometimes it can take a day..but Hillie is awesome to work with.
they are also very cool at doing custom mods.. I asked that my prop be made to separate at the waist for transport and storage and they did it
with no questions asked :) well for a few extra $$ for the metal work..
this season I'm ordering the female flying vampire, again static because I went and ordered a animated jumping spider from nevermore productions :)
but for 2018, I'm getting an animated something from unit70 maybe crawler prt2 I'd love the new demon warrior but the size might be an issue for storage LOL
any pics of your haunt sounds awesome, yeah hillie emailed me until transworld ever since then nothing maybe I emailed too much questions? Hope that's not the case their prices have raised up a lot this year I want to ask enough questions before I buy a prop or animatronic, I know they are use to doing huge orders for professional haunts for big money im not a big haunt though, just doing home haunts maybe one day ill go professional!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have a few pics in my galleries from 2015, but haven't transferred any new ones.. when I tried the last time , for whatever reason
I couldn't transfer any, kept getting an error or bad file type ??? I just gave up.. but I'll try again.. the Krampus and the two spirit trees I had added
made it look awesome, can't wait to get the new props.. I'm also just a home haunt, not pro.. I just go a little overboard to make better each year LOL

I also bombarded them with questions and she always came back with the answers.. I know she said they were booked up to june last we emailed each other.
so I need to get a deposit sent to reserve my VAMP for September delivery, and they seem to take a couple weeks off in October after the building season is done..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts