Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While it's not really all that scary the way it is the pic's, when the pumpkin and carriage are orange and black they look REAL Halloweenee.Carriage is made from the white 1 1/2" metal tubing from a collapsed car cover and the wheels are bicycle rims with the spokes and hubs from the wooden wagon wheels you can buy at Harbor Freight. It would be way cheaper to use dowels and just make a hub out of plywood but the wheels were just sitting in my folk's barn so......."Gary" the Unicorn was made with a 3/4" plywood center section,wire mesh,indoor/outdoor carpet, a store bought rubber horse mask,lots of Spray 90,hot melt glue and white gorilla fur from Jo-Ann Fabrics.He is now a Clydesdale resting comfortably in the dining room for a Cyclocross Race prop this fall.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Really neat! I used to get into making elaborate costumes for the kids I babysat and entering them in local contests. Wish I had seen this one back then!
The pic of the little girl asleep on the unicorn is adorable!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Deadna! The sleeping baby shot made the front page (section two) of the big local daily here and Mommy and daddy were beside themselves with pride. As any builder knows , now I have to outdo myself again so Halloween for the grandbaby gets bigger and better every year.Plus her daddy is a Halloween baby!!! Bats.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts