Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading some of the posts by other Haunters regarding Foggers and Chillers and the ways that people hide them and thought I would share my answer to the problem. I didn't like the way that that my fog came out of one spot on the lawn or trying to deal w/ hiding long pipes in the yard, So I did what any red blooded American would do and dug up my yard so I could run piping for fog distribution. I used the existing drain line that ran from my back yard and added 4 tees in different areas of the yard so the fog would be distributed all around. I place my fogger in the back yard with a 55 gallon trash can chiller that pushes the fog into one of the drain openings behind my fence. when the fogger is turned on the fog rises from the ground and crawls (depending on the wind) through the grave yard and no one can hear or see the fogger. It works great and my VEI pro fogger has no problem pushing plenty of fog 20+ feet to the openings. I will post pictures as soon as I can find them on my other computer.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I THINK SO! DO IT DO IT DO IT! And post pics of it, too! ;)

I was going to do it in my yard- but- we're moving here soon, and, with the use of the video projections and special fx I do- the fog will give the effects away- so I'm moving away from using fog in my display...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pics

Ok finally got a chance to upload some of the pictures I took last year and during the reconstruction of my yard.
This is the fog on Halloween night.
This was just after I had finished filling the trenches.
It was pretty windy when I did this test so the fog just blew away and I wasn't using a chiller so it was going practicly straight up.

Halloween night 08
I had the whole culdesac filled w/ fog and it was rolling over a wall onto a busy street, that was really getting peoples attention.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Oooh, that is a clever idea for hiding the fog machine but I don't think my girlfriend will go for me digging up the yard. I want to see some pictures and see how you are doing it!

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
Man, I'd love to do that around my entire house. The fog wouldn't even need ice if it's cold enough below the ground. I gotta see a video of this in action. haha!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
pics

I tried posting some pics from my album this morning but they apparently didn't go through. You can see them in my album under my screen name. I am going to try and get some of my videos up if I can figure out how.

·
Registered
508 Posts
OK- do you have a shot that shows the yard, and then how far it is to where you keep the chiller? Also a shot of exactly where the fog comes out (the exit ports/pipes)? I'd LOVE to see that! You can always drop some frozen water bottles in the ends to keep it cool and low to the ground. You MAY consider throwing in a small fan to help push the fog out, if it gets to that point...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts