Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://davelowe.blogspot.com/2013/08/63-days-til-halloween-undead-window.html

've been designing my own Halloween themed window silhouettes for possible use in my haunt this year, and thought I'd share 'em if you'd like to use in your own decorating. Feel free to swipe image, print or screen grab.

I'm having a lot of fun drawing these, so if this Zombie horde below doesn't appeal to you, stay tuned, many more creeps and creature silhouettes in the works.

You can cut these out of black foamcore, poster board or heavy black paper. Then simply tape into your windows. Here are a few simple ways to scale the images to fit your window first. No one way is best, whatever is easier for you. If you have a better way, do it (and share as a comment).

- Take the image to Kinkos (or similar copy center) and have enlarged and printed as poster (if in your budget, they can also mount onto foam board for you).
- Project the image onto a board and trace. In that vein, project image onto sheer fabric or shower curtain, then paint on.
- Scale the image on your computer, print in sections and mount on board, then cut-out (most copy centers can tile/section image for you as well, cheaper than full poster print).
This is just one of 'em:

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's neat! Thanks!
I've been thinking about doing more window silhouettes in my house. I figured that's a lot easier than lugging props to and fro from the yard every night!
It IS easier! I only do mine ON Halloween because I like seeing out my windows but it's such an easy decoration it's almost ridiculous. I've had several version of the silhouettes for years now & they're awesome. Some tape, a light left on & BOOM! instant scene!!

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
My husband is jealous of how obsessed I am with Dave Lowe. The man is freaking brilliant!!!
I'd never wish for someone to lose their job, but I really wish Dave Lowe had more free time! I guess I should buy one of his shirts or something and make him independently wealthy.

Thanks RCIAG!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts