Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,
I am new to the forum and excited to be here. This will be my first corpes.

I've been waiting for a good time to start this project. I found affordable monkey skeletons last year from Target.

I have a Pirate corner in my home and thought an Undead Jack would be a great addition, next to the treasure chest. Using StillBeast Studios tutorials, I started staining Jack yesterday. This was supposed to be a practice Jack but once you start you know how it is if your a detail person. I kept telling myself that most of these details will be covered up, I just couldnt help myself. I was enjoying the crap out of it. So, I used Minwax Dark Walnut. I wanted to use supplies on hand. The stain is a little tacky but thats ok, I believe that will help the plastic to grap. I plan on going back and knock off some of the stain with some Steel wool because he's a little dark in some areas. I have a vintage collar that is gorilla which I plan on using for sparce hair.

These guys are limited in positioning, I tried taking him apart to reglue how I wanted him positioned, but that won't work.

I want to use a glass eye. One. I am undecided if I want a traditional brown eye (lol, "brown eye") or something that will look a little wicked. I think I'd like a full round but I believe the ones from Vandykes are not. I guess I could make one.

Here is my progress so far.....

20200408_154418.jpg 20200406_154546.jpg 20200408_145918.jpg 20200408_150027.jpg 20200408_145932.jpg 20200408_145925.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, Brown Eye is now giving me an idea. A final touch for Jack.

BTW, any suggestions or advice is completely welcome. The quality of the pictures are not the best, but you get the idea

·
Registered
37 Posts
Any chance you have some fur pieces you could glue here and there? Honestly, I have even brushed the cats a few times, matted the fur with PVA and the epoxied or barge glued them in place. Then a bit of colouring, or if you can do it outside, take a heat gun to the hair. Makes for a cool effect.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why yes, I planned on doing that with the gorilla fur. I also have a vintage monkey cape from the 20's. It was in really nice shape, until I checked it yesterday . Somehow a mouse got in between two of my capes and peed on the monkey. I took vinagar/water to it yesterday. The urine ruined the fur texture but it will be perfect to use for what you suggested. I hate mice!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This morning I took the steel will to the entire piece. I didn't like the sticky glossy look that the stain left. I decided to lighten him even more. Husband thinks he's too gray fron the dark chestnut. Well, it's a learning curve! 20200409_092138.jpg This is still to be covered, stained and haired up a bit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts