Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some expertise: I want to setup a witch's cauldron with a plastic cauldron from Party City. I can get a 12" diameter one or 16". I'm not sure what type of mister to get. I p/u a skull fogger from Kmart and removed the mister unit, then tried it out in a bowl that approximates the size of the cauldron and its output was not sufficient. I've looked online at Mainland Mart and a few other places, but don't know what "output" level is sufficient. I've seen 80mL and even 150mL high output units. Will the 80mL work? Furthermore, is there any reason you can't combime multiple misters in one bowl to double the output? Also, does anyone know of one I can get from a local store since time is a factor? Thanks so much, this site is so helpful!

·
The Voice of DOOM
778 Posts
I've heard that the misters from "cold mist" humidifiers are fretty usefull.
Might be worth checking out the local thrift store.

DB

·
Registered
34,922 Posts
I have a 16" cauldron and I have to put bricks or a clay pot upside down in it to raise the mister up to allow the mister to be at the correct depth in the water for it to work. It keeps the mist level with the top of the cauldron.

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
I was having similar problems with mine, so I simply made my own misting skull out of an extra Bucky skull...the mist pours out of the mouth into a cauldron, and that allows the fog to build up very nicely in the cauldron, and even allows things to be in there (like cold cans of soda and ice), so people have to reach through the fog for their drink.

Made a reservoir in the skull to hold water and the mister - plugged up all the holes - drilled a quarter sized hole just behind the sinus cavity, and made a clear plastic "vent" for the fog to roll out of, that pours it out right behind the top front teeth (so, the venting chute is long enough to be under the hole, and direct the mist along the roof of the mouth to fall from the upper teeth).

Works pretty well, and the fog that falls into the cauldron maintains pretty well, as long as someone is there blowing it away all the time.

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,681 Posts
If you really want to do it right, try one of these **BEST** 5 HEAD MISTER MAKER WATER FOUNTAIN POND FOGGER - eBay (item 260298816473 end time Oct-17-08 22:36:05 PDT)

I have one of these for my mad scientist area and it totally rocks. The only thing that you may have a problem with is that it rocks too well and will make a mess around your cauldron. I fixed this problem by making a clear plastic diffuser keeping the water from splashing up.
WOW now thats a mister !!! :eek: 5 head.. a little pricey,but dang,use that instead of my fog machine..... LOL might have to get one of those... !!

·
Registered
304 Posts
depending on how much water you have in it.. If i want it to spill out of the top i simply put a small fan and raise the misters up a tiny bit and it just pours right out kinda like dry ice (but much wetter).

if i leave them on the bottome with no fan moving the air the fill the cauldron totally and very littel comes over the edges ( this is with a 16" cauldron)

·
Keeper of Spider Hill
1,746 Posts
Has anyone else tried putting ice in the water with their mister ? I have one of those Target mister skulls that I use indoors as a decoration. I've found that putting some ice cubes in the water acts much like a fog chiller and the mist rolls along the tabletop and seems to linger a bit longer than with just water alone. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts