Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,682 Posts
There was a post on this a recently, a few concerns as to a 12 watt LED & only 900 lums. Most of my projectors are at 1100 min lums (used for Hallowindows ) & is great.......
no one has bought one yet for an actual hands on review......you might be it...... It sounds like would be good to load & go without a dvd or pc connected.Would make things less bulky.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After some more research I'm thinking this may not be the way to go. They got some pretty bad reviews from Gizmodo and forum member concerns went pretty much unanswered in the thread under props called "Electronic/Software: Hallowindow 2009". Around page 13 there starts to be some discussion about this thing - none of which is very good. More and more it looks like InFocus is the way to go.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Markgoodson - I'll be curious to see how you like it. Like my post right before yours states, the more I researched the product the more negative feedback I was finding. Please post back and let us know how you like yours.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,521 Posts
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread as well...

Hope it works well!

·
Registered
683 Posts
I’m going to buy one and see, I had just bought a few of these 3M 78-9236-7702-1 MPro110 1280 x 768 LED Projector ( )

Literally before this post came up and it’s only 10 lumens! The fact that you can see it with the lights on, it’s weather resistant, $160 and 900 lumens to me makes this a no brainer. Glad you found this, I have never seen it before, I will keep you posted when I get it.

Edited* added link
I hate to burst your bubble but the resolution is not 1280x768, its actually 640x480, which is the typical for these LED pjs

3M MPro110 LED Projector Review

Victor

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
Not to bash UltraProjector, but the ultraprojector's resolution is very low.
When projecting a larger image of 50" or more; the pixels will be so big that it will make the image blurry and pixelated. Unless one plans on using the ultra projector for smaller projected uses, It should be avoided in my opinion.

Next year, I'd like to plan on having a group buy for a projector. I'm currently working with a projector manufacturer developing a projector that will be perfect for halloween use.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I wouldn't mind getting one of these if they are decent. I would not expect the same quality as a higher priced unit.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Here is what I have been using for the last 4 years. I use it for Xmas and Halloween. Its a lost cost alternative to a projector but works surprisingly well. I see that he is out of stock but an email to the guy may tell you when some will be available. Its just a box with a frenzel lens on each end, a sleeve for the box attaches to a 13 inch tv. The box fits in the sleeve and you just adjust it "in and out of the sleeve" until the image is focused.

You put on these babies in the window playing the Santa video and you will stop traffic, everyone loves it. Of course this is just one small items I use for halloween. I guess us Haunters are alot more creative then those christmas decorators. :)

Virtual Santa :: ChristmasLightShow.Com

·
crossfit zombie
7,614 Posts
Not to bash UltraProjector, but the ultraprojector's resolution is very low.
When projecting a larger image of 50" or more; the pixels will be so big that it will make the image blurry and pixelated. Unless one plans on using the ultra projector for smaller projected uses, It should be avoided in my opinion.

Next year, I'd like to plan on having a group buy for a projector. I'm currently working with a projector manufacturer developing a projector that will be perfect for halloween use.
If I got one it would be used for singing pumpkins dvd which would be very small projection.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I'm very interested to hear first hand reviews from haunters!
I'm looking for a small projector to use for a tombstone. I got a DVD with changing tombstones and animation. Very cool on a white tombstone

·
Registered
91 Posts
I got mine the other day and tried it out. I am using it in the back of my garage projecting forward to show through a white sheet hanging near the front of the garage above and behind a few of the life-size Gemmy animated figures.

It is definitely not as bright as the LCD projector I used last year (borrowed) but that projector is not available this year and to buy one used is at least $300.

It will serve the purpose for what I am using it for. I'm not sure how well it would work outside with other lights on. I have no other lights on in the garage other than a black light at the entrance.

I am having no luck in loading the Hallowindow I & II videos that I bought last year onto the machine. Apparently they have to be converted into a format that the projector can play, but I can't figure this out. The pre-loaded images work good, but there is no audio. Plus two of the images have wording that I have to try and figure out how to reverse them for the rear projection that I am using.

I emailed the company to hopefully get some help on converting the Hallowindow shows to run on the projector. If anybody has any ideas as well as a way to reverse the 2 pre-loaded images that display wording I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks.

·
Psychomaniac
623 Posts
I'm not sure if the Hallowindow DVD is encrypted or not. If it is, you'll need to use something like DVD Decrypter or Smart Ripper to pull the files onto your hard drive. Converting them to AVI from there should be easy.

If it's not encrypted (which I really don't think it is) you just need to locate the correct VOB files off the DVD and convert them to AVI.

If you have a video of the projector in action I think we'd all really like to see it. It's definitely limited as to what it can do but there are still a number of very interesting applications for something like this.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts