Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not my house, it's about an hour away from me but I had to post some pics because it's so amazing. The owner is a carpenter by trade and he is an unbelievable craftsman. He built the entire facade, columns, fence, and chair completely out of wood and painted the stone finish. It is by far the most amazing work of this type I have ever seen.
20171020_171549.jpg
20171020_171510.jpg

·
Registered
476 Posts
Holly crab apple that's fancy. That's it, i'm done. cant beat this. lol!

It's so beautiful i cant stop lookin.

Did you get to talk to the person that made it? he needs to be on here and share his brilliance.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Holly crab apple that's fancy. That's it, i'm done. cant beat this. lol!

It's so beautiful i cant stop lookin.

Did you get to talk to the person that made it? he needs to be on here and share his brilliance.
Yeah, I talked to him quite a bit, really nice guy and extremely humble, definitely doesn't give himself enough credit. All of his work is made of wood, 90% is plywood. He's on FB but not here.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's some daytime video, I need to get some after dark. He has red fire & ice lights on it and throws dead leaves all over the yard and driveway. The giant skull in front spews out fog. The sound track he plays is from Cryo Chamber, really eerie and fits the scene perfectly.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow!! How does he attach it to his house? I can’t believe it’s made almost entirely of plywood. Does he hand paint the entire facade?
Yeah, all hand painted, he explained the process to me which involves 3 steps and says it's really easy but like I said, he's very humble. He has a variety of fastening methods, all of which seem pretty complex. The big gable end piece above the front entry (with the giant skull) is really heavy and takes 4 guys to get it in place. It's also the most dangerous piece to put up with all those spikes facing down, and yes they're real.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Holy smokes! I'm in awe. That is just... wow. *Bows* "Well done sir. Well done."

1 - 16 of 16 Posts