Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all, my first post ...

Im holding a party this year for halloween and for the UK I think it will be cool..

What i am planning to do is:

Front yard will be a cemetary with a fence around it, Fog will be a Mr cool chilled fogger and lighting with 2 x dmx scans running a 16 step chase which moves across the graveyard then into the air in a criss cross motion then repeats but changes colour and gobo.

Then there will be a walk through that will start from the front of my house right through to the back garden.

My drive is split by two wooden gates so this makes room 1 and then a walkthough maze/haunt.

Room 1 will be the masters front room:

Inside I have a large 10ft x 6ft persian rug for the floor , 5 arm chandalier for lighting controlled by a dimmer, A cauldron with a sonic mist effect which will have a hand in it so it looks like a hand is boiling.
There wil be a wall clock with a pendulum and the walls will be decorated with scene setters ( peeling plaster and wicked wood).
I also have a grammaphone , records and rats in a cage as props.

People will enter this room where i wil be and i have made my own sound effect loop of a clock ticking, fireplace crackling and an old 50s record playing on a grammaphone.

They will then have to knock on a black door knocker on the fence which signals the opening of the fence and entry to the maze/walkthrough.

First room will have just a picture and flickering lights which will be done using a lightning fx I bought last year, sound will be coming from two huge speakers with another custom track i have made.

second room will be spiders with a 4ft Uv light tube

Third room will be the butcher room with a live actor dressed as a butcher nd chains from the roof with arms legs etc dangling.

Final room will have flickering wall lights a drop portraight and my best prop whichis a 7ft coffin with a glass top with a black man in a voodoo costume inside, this has a strobe and a small green light inside which really makes him look cool.

Guest will then go through to my back grden which will be a lrge cemetary with a themed gazeebo and an animated 6ft butler.

I have put pics below of my full garage and some of my props...rusty fence was hand built and inspired from this site.
I will update more on the 30th of Oct as we start the build for the walkthrough..there will be 5 of us building for 2 days...phew.

thanks and happy halloween from Manchester England

Man in coffin

·
Insane Genius
1,251 Posts
Sounds like a pretty good start, I'm just down the road from you and and very busy in the throws of developing this years efforts

·
Insane Genius
1,251 Posts
by road I meant M56, I'm in Deeside north Wales...

This year is going to be pretty much the same as last years layout I think, Graveyard round the front, with a background Audio and the corpse bride/chest tomb, one of our neighbours is going to do pumpkin soup again/witches kitchen type thing, then down the side of the house will be the laser vortex tunnel, and out the back we will run the SkullTroniX skull in live mode as a fortune teller.

We will also be featuring the SkullTroniX ghost bust somewhere (no idea where yet) and have just build a new Flying Crank Ghost.

May get the Monster ina Box working again, this got canned last year due to technical overload.

that's the main stuff, we have lots of incidental props and effects about the place, lots of fog and lots of computers running it all.

by the way, were you aware that last week we held the UKs first haunted attraction convention??

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No wasnt aware wish I had known..

Its getting better in the UK, I held my last big party 4 years ago where we build between my house and next door a full haunted house 12ft wide by 30ft long.

we even borrowed a coffin from a funeral directors...got funny look of people as we drove it to the house in a Vauxhall vectra.....yes the coffin was poking out of the back....

Sounds like your far ahead of me technically..i rely on simple props.....this is the first year using dmx lights....

Good luck with your haunt and keep in touch..will post photos of progress when the build starts...cant wait

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice to see a few views of the pictures, I will post some more soon and keep a photo diary of the build.

I may start framing two weeks before halloween.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts