Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried searching but I couldn't find a 2014 thread - it's time for the UK Halloween Watch!

I thought of this because I was googling for decorations and noticed on the Matalan site, they have tombstones and some other decor:

http://www.matalan.co.uk/events/halloween?q=halloween

The individual tombstone is only £3 and looks a reasonable size which, as someone who is way too unskilled to make her own, is pretty awesome!

They've also got packs of 8 LED tealights for £4 but I'd say if you're after them, don't get them from Matalan - go to Poundland, they do packs of 3 for a quid. Failing that, the Range also do them for a similar price, and you can order online from them.

Speaking of the Range, they have some things on their website: http://www.therange.co.uk/search?as...Q-E11U-SW04-W3E0-5H80-WMFM&keywords=halloween

Technically Tesco do as well but it's in their Tesco Direct section and it's mainly kids costumes/makeup.

So, anyone else spotted anything? I can't wait for it to start coming in to shops, I'm just doing a classic halloween theme this year so I want all the spiderwebs and cauldrons I can get my hands on! :)

·
Registered
Yorkshire Scarer
1,267 Posts
I'll keep an eye out up here in Wakefield - we have much the same shops though.

Sainsburys did have some solar powered lanterns that could be aged nicely - the storm type ones. I have been watching to see if they reduce the price even further. Presumably if they charge up during the day they would work at night?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've not seen anything yet :( but i'm venturing town tomorrow & fingers crossed somewhere might have started. pound shops are normally the 1st and b&m round here, were I am there is 3 pound shops and 2 b&m so I have my hopes up!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't wait for the Poundlands and B&M's round here to get their stock, the nice thing about doing a very unspecific theme is that it's not very limiting and much cheaper!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm so made up! Made a quick trip
Into the small B&Ms in town and they have there stock out!!! :D I only grabbed a few things today but there is loads I want! Can only mean my big B&Ms will have tons in as usual, going next Friday....can not wait! I have a few snaps of stock and what I bought will upload later xx

·
Registered
Yorkshire Scarer
1,267 Posts
The 99p Store e-newsletter is saying that their Halloween stock is coming soon.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Shelf Shelving Textile Furniture Room
Textile Collection
Collection Toy Art
I've fixed it these are just in my small B&M not had chance to hit the big one don't really want to till I have some spare pennies, hard when you're moving house & have halloween to plan :( xx

·
Registered
39 Posts
Last year's was a pretty disappointing turnout other than Morrisons. Hopefully this year is a lot better - I'll snap a few pics when I see something!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't have a range near me :( well not close enough and I don't drive. But I have some spare pennies and heading into town today hitting all 3 pound shops and both B&M, can not wait! Will upload pics of what I find a store if I can feel abit silly though :) no one understands my love of halloween xx

·
Registered
76 Posts
I don't have a range near me :( well not close enough and I don't drive. But I have some spare pennies and heading into town today hitting all 3 pound shops and both B&M, can not wait! Will upload pics of what I find a store if I can feel abit silly though :) no one understands my love of halloween xx
Funny i feel like that, i think people must think im crazy !! especially the time i spend making things (generally all year lol) If we were in the USA it would be different it's much more widely appreciated there. Wouldn't it be great to have streets all done up and haunts to got to. :D. xx Do you buy things on E bay ?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Problem with eBay is people overcharging
Last year the range had some kicking witches a daft little prop that was £4.99

Looked on eBay a few days later at Halloween stuff and the same ones were being sold buy it now for £20.00

Wife has just come home from hospital after giving birth so my Halloween prep work has taken a back seat for now

1 - 20 of 205 Posts