Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd post a thread for us UK haunters to keep each other up to date with what's going on in stores. We know how Halloween is viewed over here compared to Christmas!

I've personally seen nothing yet but TK Maxx is usually the first to get stock in.

In store sightings!

Poundland (online stock here)
Poundworld (online stock here)
The Range (online stock here)
B&M (online stock here)
M&S (online stock here)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry! Hoping to get stuff in early this year so I posted this now to see if anyone's seen anything yet. Thanks for the tip on Cosco!

Strange actually, I remember TK Maxx getting their stock in around August.. guess they've changed their view of Halloween. :(

What's worse, I spotted christmas trees and decorations in some shop windows a couple days ago! :mad:

·
Registered
306 Posts
I'm hoping that ASDA and Wilkos offer some new animated goods this year. Last years offerings wasnt great to be honest. A relative told me The Range have a big aisle out already, I'm unable to vist yet as it's in another town :(. (Edit: The Range have quite a few animated props online, including the in flatable ghost Asda had a couple of years ago for £19.99.)I don't have high hopes this year, my local TX Maxx didn't bother with Halloween stock last year. I'm pretty sure other members commented the same.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I keep eyeing Wanda witch but keep choosing not to buy it each year. ASDA do have some great stuff though, usually after the back to school stock has cleared out. Hopefully it's good this year!

Also looking forward to Wilco, b&'m and poundworld's stock - always pick up some great stuff from them.

After you told me about The Range I checked their site to find this. Looks like they have some good stock but the nearest store to me is 2 hours away! :(

·
Registered
306 Posts
Ah so the 'big' Asda Halloween prop has already been revealed, not sure how I missed that! :confused: click. He's pretty much another version of Sainsbury's Albert which was sold back in 2011, Which is good as I really wanted one of those. I'll be keeping an eye on ASDA Direct for him :D. I prefer him to last years offering of Boris. I'm still disappointed that we get no larger prop such as the 2008/9 butler which is really popular on eBay and 2010's Wanda witch, but at least we get something new.

@ wickedwillingwench Nope. Have a nice trip though :).

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That looks pretty good, might pick one up when it goes on sale! :)

And nope wickedwillingwench, I'm further south!

·
Registered
249 Posts
I keep eyeing Wanda witch but keep choosing not to buy it each year. ASDA do have some great stuff though, usually after the back to school stock has cleared out. Hopefully it's good this year!

Also looking forward to Wilco, b&'m and poundworld's stock - always pick up some great stuff from them.

After you told me about The Range I checked their site to find this. Looks like they have some good stock but the nearest store to me is 2 hours away! :(
i have a wanda that i am not planning for this years haunt if you are interested

·
The Halloween King
626 Posts
I've been sent pics by a couple of different friends of CostCo's stuff and i'm gonna have a trip there next week. I'll post my finds

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great find. :) Seems to be a big focus on halloween themed food this year which is actually quite good, I don't usually end up with much of a variety so this'll definitely improve this year! Also will have to pick up some of those light-up skulls and posable skeletons, they look pretty cool.

The butler.. not sure if I'll be grabbing one of them yet though!

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
My local Poundland had a few bits and pieces out this weekend.. usual Poundland stuff, but we use it as giveaways in the haunt.

I was disappointed in Wilco's selection last year, but the stuff they had out in 2011 was pretty good. they didn't have their stock out last weekend, so I'm not sure what to expect from them this year.

Scarybella said that JTF had a fair bit of stock out a few days ago, so if you're up north, it may be worth checking them out.

In case anybody was unaware, you can order from Costco online if you don't have a card.. I think you pay an extra 5% + VAT on the listed price, although last time I checked, the only Halloween item they had listed was a light up fibreglass skull.

The ASDA food looks ok.. personally, I'm happy with a bowl of peanuts and a glass of rum;) but it's good to see them catering for the Halloween parties that seem to be getting more popular over here.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's one thing I've noticed, I don't know if it's just me but halloween seems to be slowly getting more popular over here, which is great. ASDA mentioned in their video they're hugely increasing their adult costume stock this year so, not sure if that means more are getting in to it!

I'll be popping in to my local poundworld tomorrow so will mention if I find anything, and there was one store I was in today that had a small amount of stock in, but I cannot for the life of me remember it!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts