Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my graveyard/fence is going out this morning. DH strung 2 skellies up in the tree out front yesterday. They look really cool. i have a large, light up ToT sign that I need to find a place for. I'm guessing right at the ToT table...somehow. DH is going to build a treat chute sometime 'soon'.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Not too bad, considering we usually start decorating the week of. Still got some props I need to finish, namely the pallet fence pieces, the big-ass spider, the Joker, some tombstones, y'know, standard stuffs.

Still getting candy. We have a good bit but we could use more.

Pumpkins are a week-of thing, considering that we live in a warm part of the country.

Costume's done.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Happy to say, right about where I intended on being. Most everything I intend on putting up has been mended and repainted as necessary. Got some daylight decorating I hope to get to today (and it's gorgeous out), and still lots of time throughout the next thirteen days/nights to add things/make adjustments. A few things have to wait until the night of.

Also about right on course for my movies during my "31 Nights of Horror" challenge; and listening to Midnight Syndicate, Halloween ambience, and Cryo Chamber tunes to get me motivated. I've been geeked for Halloween for a while now, but it's like a switch flipped in the last couple of days and I'm in full spook mode now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I did get up some tombstones and lights along with a new skeleton and it looks nice. But I am way behind schedule, as I am trying some new things this year. The nights have been flying by with little progress. The fog chiller crypt I was working on broke into many pieces as I was gluing foam boards together. I had weights on it as I do not have clamps long enough. I noticed one side leaning slightly and touched it. Big mistake. It totally fell apart and broke several boards into multiple pieces. Complete disaster. So now I am back to gluing which sets me back a few days. The bonus is now the boards have nice cracks in them from accident, and should add to the look when finished.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If your asking where we are... its wayyyyyy to far behind schedule for our setup haha

Love the upside down hanging skele.

-K
i feel exactly the same. i wanted my hearse put together by now. the graveyard shoulda been out the 1st.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am still either buying something or building something. Got the pallet fence ready to go for the most part. Got the gravestones ready. I won't setup until beginning the Monday of the week of. I've got more lighting to go also.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i feel exactly the same. i wanted my hearse put together by now. the graveyard shoulda been out the 1st.

Ha! At least I'm not alone! I'm sure we will get everything done but we prefer to be much further in our build by now. It takes us about 2 months to set up. We got a late start because we were not certain if we were going to do it this year or not with the covid thing...

-K

·
Registered
718 Posts
I feel really behind, but maybe I'm not actually. I'm not building a couple of big things (walkway, overhead stuff) that take up a lot of time and energy, because I'm not doing the walk-through part. Smokehouse is done and up, just needs fog and lighting tests. I finished renovating the cardboard fortune teller box today, so that's in the wings waiting. I've got a bunch of stuff that doesn't go out until the day of, so a lot of last minute things to think about.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Done, with the exception of one additional animatronic I decided to do last minute. I have it mocked up and I'll have it finished and running tomorrow or Monday at the latest.

·
Registered
14,134 Posts
My last item ordered, a movie poster, was suppose to arrive today but DHL posted that there’s been a delay, sorry, and to expect it in 24-48 hours. Had hoped to get it mounted this weekend. Picked up the giant spider web from Lowes today that came in yesterday and have some lights to put on some signage. Won’t set up projector/screen until week of and hope to set up my giant spiders in the garage ahead of time so they can be moved quickly outside on Halloween Day for that night.

The more I think about things the more I think I still have a bunch to do. Hadn’t planned on decorating at all this year once covid happened and only decided to do so a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Other than a bit of tweaking I finished yesterday. Normally I finish putting up my outdoor display with about 2 weeks to go...... then work on transforming my garage into whatever theme I come up with for the year and that keeps me busy until Halloween. With Covid I am not doing the garage, so will be setting up a bunch of animatronics in the the driveway that I have accumulated over the years on halloween day. It feels weird not having anything to do.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Ugh, I'm sweating a bit. I can't seem to get motivated and I'm very behind. It's especially hard to have a mental illness when there's things to do and a deadline, even when it's something you love. Big shout out to anyone else suffering similarly.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ugh, I'm sweating a bit. I can't seem to get motivated and I'm very behind. It's especially hard to have a mental illness when there's things to do and a deadline, even when it's something you love. Big shout out to anyone else suffering similarly.
It's hard when there is no motivation, just try and keep your chin up and do what you can when you can do it! Don't stress over it, makes it harder for sure.

-K

·
Registered
14,134 Posts
I think this year in particular has been difficult for everyone. Indecision on what to plan, if any thing, much shopping reduced to online, do you hand out candy, how to keep everyone safe. Will parents even take their kids ToTing. So understandably motivation has been a factor too.

At some point look at where you are in planning/executing stage and reassess what’s reasonable to get done. Only you will know what was planned and what didn’t happen so don’t sweat it, especially this year with all the stress we’re feeling from various sources. Whatever you get done will be appreciated by holiday goers even if they just walk or drive by your house compared to the houses left in the dark. Maybe plan to watch a halloween themed movie after ToTing is over to decompress and enjoy the night yourself.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts