Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two toddler sized Huffy bikes will be added to this year's TOT swag. I got them on super after-Christmas clearance. Thing is, although both bikes are brand new in their boxes, the boxes themselves are a little dinged up. I really don't want to assemble the bikes- but I'm not sure how to hand off the toys without them looking like they fell from a second floor window... or from a second-hand shop. So if you were to receive a Huffy bike as a Halloween treat, would you want it assembled or in a slightly battered box?

Suggestions?

·
Ghouls Rule
2,612 Posts
I would say assembled, something about wheeling it out and its all sparkly and ready to ride will be most impressive. If you cant assemble them, perhaps a friend or family?

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
I'll second the "assembled" vote - especially for very young kids like toddlers, who won't "get" the box (even with pictures on it), but seeing a whole bike will knock them flat.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK- assembled it is... with a big orange bow. Now I just have to figure out who gets the bikes. The little kids usually show up early with their parents. I try to give big treats to lkids without an older brother or sister along to avoid sibling jealousy. But not many parents take a single toddler TOTing.

·
Reaper Guardian
2,075 Posts
But not many parents take a single toddler TOTing.
Well, now, that's just sad.

How do you anticipate the lucky ones getting the bikes home?

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's why I was toying with leaving them in the boxes (gift wrapped with a carrying cord.) The bikes are just 10" bikes- so they are aren't too heavy for a parent to carry. We usually get couples with wee ones, so Dad can carry the bike. And if it's too much to handle- they don't have to take it. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts