Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big Lots customer "care" sucks, and not in a good way. My dragon skeleton arrived looking like the box had been to Hell and back and, of course, when I opened it, the main joint that supports the wing is broken. The "care" representatives told me that, if I reeeeeally wanted one, I could call my local stores and drive one-hundred miles roundtrip on the off chance that they'd still have one in stock, or I could call the manufacturer myself and see if they could help me out. Naturally, the number and the email that they gave me for the manufacturer aren't valid... And the Big Lots stores can't/won't/aren't allowed to ship to another store or to me...

I know we all want this dragon, but I can't recommend Big Lots because their customer service is non-existent. So bad, in fact, that I fired off a letter (yeah, a real paper letter via snail mail!) to the CEO and the COO recommending that they take a lesson from some other companies (yeah, I named names) that offer exceptional customer service. Bad, horrible, frustrating, exasperating, rude (on their part, not mine), bad-taste-in-the-mouth experience all around. Two thumbs WAY down on this one...

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
IMG_2338.jpg

IMG_2339.jpg

·
Ghouls Rule
2,580 Posts
Yuck! Im sorry! Im debating if I want to keep mine. If it comes down to me wanting to return it Ill keep you in mind though Im also worried about shipping it. The box is very thin and fragile.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,398 Posts
What is it about things being shipped lately?!?! Can it be fixed at all or can you call back & ask to speak to someone else?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hubby and I drove out to Glen Bernie, MD where the manager was nice enough to hold one for me! His one is in great condition. And no, RCIAG, the first little guy was probably not fixable, even with the plastic mending tape and a heat gun... The area where it was broken was the point that would have supported the wing. :(

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,398 Posts
I thought of you yesterday when I went into Big Lots & saw the display dragon in pieces on the floor. The last time I was in that store it was on top of the shelves displayed nicely & the boxed ones were on the bottom shelf. I have no clue what happened to it, whether it fell or someone took it down but it looked like a toddler had been riding it!:D It was a mess!

But then that store is usually like that.

That same store also had a corner filled up with Christmas lights & a few snowmen & other figures on the shelves too.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I have to revise my review about Big Lots customer service... They just called to apologize and to let me know that the Glen Bernie, MD store was holding a dragon for me. (I'd actually already exchanged the dragon for one from that store, but apparently, some communication between MD and Ohio didn't happen...) The customer service rep was very friendly and said that they just wanted to "make it right." Yeah, it took almost a month for their customer service to figure it out, but hey, at least they kept trying!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts