Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Outdoor Soundscape

First and foremost, I'm looking to create an impressive soundscape for our outdoor Halloween display. Last year was a bust because we weren't able to get the speakers outside and I had limited time for creating the actual playlist. I ended up with a mix of movie themes and regular "dark" songs with lyrics (Number of the Beast, etc.). It wasn't too good. I'm starting earlier this year in hopes of a better effect.

This year I'm looking for more ambient music. Yes, I will be mixing in some of the good old themes (you know them all - Halloween, The Exorcist, Psycho...) but I'm avoiding those god-forsaken Haunted House sound effect tracks (screaming women, roaring chainsaws...). I thought that adding in some horror film scores - the ambient music in horror films - might be a good idea, but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to locate these tracks. Someone referred me to an Amazon thread with the Halloween III score, but that's about all I've got.

I have found some original scores online, but they're all on websites that sell licenses rather than simply MP3s, which I don't need and am not willing to pay for. (Consider the need for at least an hour or two's worth of sound to repeat throughout the night on a $50-per-song charge.)

It would be great if I could get some links to places where I can download that sort of sound for free, or at least the standard 99-cent charge.

If you feel the need to list movie themes and such anyway, however, please be my guest. I've only seen a fraction of these films myself, and I'm sure you all could come up with plenty that I've overlooked.

Also, I will probably be in need of some individual sound effects to isolate throughout the display. My dad built an electric chair that needs electric noises, and I'm trying to convince him to let me add a clown/circus/carnival feature that will probably require some creepy circus music and crazy laughter.

Indoor Soundscape

I, personally, will most likely be outside in the display scaring trick-or-treaters or monitoring the expensive items like our crystal balls and fog machines. However, my sister has become dead-set on throwing a Halloween party this year, since it's falling on a Saturday.

I'm sure that we could pull together a list of appropriate tracks, but I also know that once we sit down to think, we'll start drawing a blank. If anyone could start helping us to compile a list of party songs to find, that would be awesome. This party is probably going to consist of people from 14-18 years old, with maybe a few adults mixed in. I'm better at the scare-your-pants off sounds, rather than just year-round dark music - so I'd appreciate the help.

On a side note, I'm not nearly this formal all of the time. I'm just getting frustrated at the meagre number of tracks I've been able to come up with this year. Help, help, help!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Any party supply store have Halloween themed party music.
Drew's Famous has countless cds that they put out each year. Would be best to find them online & sample them first so, you don't waste your money.

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
All of the Elvira cd's are very good,and i also like the Andrew Gold cd Halloween Howls. The drew stuff is ok also ,but read the backs of them because they rehash alot ofthe same songs from disc to disc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts