Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like three axis skulls, I enjoy writing the routines for them and watching them. Most of the kids that go through my haunt don't have the patience to stop and watch them...so I guess that I mostly do the work for my enjoyment,,,,and maybe yours..
https://vimeo.com/78330421
and
https://vimeo.com/78331347

·
Registered
178 Posts
I like three axis skulls, I enjoy writing the routines for them and watching them. Most of the kids that go through my haunt don't have the patience to stop and watch them...so I guess that I mostly do the work for my enjoyment,,,,and maybe yours..
https://vimeo.com/78330421
and
https://vimeo.com/78331347
i love your animation very clean we have the same issue the minor scenes and animations can't hold attention the startles and quick stuff get good quick reactions . it makes me wonder if doing a gravestone projection or other longer effect would even get noticed. my issue is i get about only 1/2 the parents to come down the driveway at all so the kids are tunnel vision about gettingto the candy

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Don't kid yourself! You are impressing some of those kids and years later as older kids or adults they will tell you so. That is how it works.
After being open for 26 years.. they do come back later and express wonder and admiration and often even thank you.

·
black light queen
2,506 Posts
yeah, i think the tots see and remember everything ... i'm guessing that they don't know that u created it and that it came from a store ... as they get older and possibly aren't in such a hurry to get their loot and get to the next house, they'll appreciate it more ... maybe?

amk

·
Mad Monster Maker
2,673 Posts
I love "The Worm Song" skelly. Where did you find the track for that one?

EDIT: I found it on MP3Jam. It's titled "The Hearse Song" performed by Harley Poe.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
What has the average child or teenager ever built? How many such problems have they yet "solved"? They become older (if we allow that) they will experience how tricky things may be and their appreciation factor will grow.
Sometimes I prematurely say a few things to "guide" them on this journey of awareness, like"Sorry! This was ALL I could get done in 26 years of working on this place almost everyday."
I have then seen those same people return, sometimes just a week later with a whole new sense of wonder and appreciation.

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,328 Posts
The smaller kids may not appreciate your efforts, but we do... I especially liked the "Thriller" rap. Any way you could set those up out by the street?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hey, I'm a teen, and I appreciate all of the time and effort that everyone here puts into their projects. I understand most people my age never think about the effort that goes into most things, and that's a real shame. I have even started to build my own props, which may be part of why. They're no where near anything like this, but still. :eek:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Forget the tots we love it..... LoL, years ago (15+) when I first began I had really simple props (mostly static) used a lot of dry ice and did most of the scares myself the simple animations I had and peppers ghost effects I thought were un noticed (because of the quick get aways and flying bags of candy), then my son began to become afraid so I had to stop for several years and many of the kids were disappointed but mine had to come first. Well after he got a little older and my second came along I got permission to start up again and as my crowd began to come back I noticed these very young parents dragging tiny tots to the door and thats when I realized many of them were young teens when I started and they remembered much more than I thought they did and now wanted their kids to have the same experience. So I guess what I'm saying is don't get discouraged keep it going.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts