Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first is what I call a Nightmare Catcher.

My giant spider was in need of a web so I made her one. It's about 20 feet on a side and it's made from 700 feet of HF glow in the dark rope. The rope doesn't glow very long by itself but it fluoresces under black light quite nicely.

The next prop is a "Radioactive" meteorite that's going to be a center piece for my graveyard. The strange radiation causes the dead to rise from their graves.

I put several color changing LEDs in it some that cycle slow and some that cycle fast. The net result is a constantly changing and pulsing light.

Here's a shot of it unlit.

And here's a couple showing some of the colors.

It'll be sitting in a crater with the output from my fog chiller coming from under the meteorite.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn Sweet...
Any pics of the meteorite "How To's) ?
Sorry, no, but it's actually pretty simple. The "crystals" are just large glass vase fillers. I've had them laying around for years. I got them second hand so I'm not sure where they came from, but knowing the person I got them from it was probably Wal-Mart's craft section. The glass was glued onto a white acrylic lamp globe using clear silicone and then the areas between were filled with colored stucco. After the stucco dried I sealed it with some wet look concrete sealer. The lighting consists of some pre-wired LEDs from LighthouseLEDS.com.

Deadview:

I'll see about getting a video of the meteorite in action when I set up the graveyard. I guess I'll have to finally get a youtube account.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's a video of the meteorite. I know it's a little long for what it is but I wanted to give a good idea of how it looks. I can't wait to see it with the fog but all that stuff is still packed away.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts