Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Felt the need to post. We had Irma here and what a mess. I have lots of repairs since the wind blew and water got everywhere. Tombstones need cleaning, animated props need testing, on and on........ I want to hear from all who experienced both storms, Irma and Harvey. This is check-in time. How are all of you ? What damage did you receive and can you recover in time for Halloween. Let me hear from you, but mainly to know you are alright.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Other than some tornadoes and flooding from the shambling corpse of Harvey that were miles away from us, didn't really see much in middle TN. Irma was just rain by the time she got to us. I wanted to start putting stuff out early but decided to wait because of weather.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Other than some tornadoes and flooding from the shambling corpse of Harvey that were miles away from us, didn't really see much in middle TN. Irma was just rain by the time she got to us. I wanted to start putting stuff out early but decided to wait because of weather.
Glad you are safe, but amazed you had both go by, at times it's nice to live away from coastal waters hum lilibat ?

·
Registered
254 Posts
No damage, but time taken away from building for this year as there is still a bunch of clean up to do. Still have 3-4 banana trees I have to cut out of the 12 or so that are in the yard, some medium/large oak branches I have to cut up or drag out to the curb. Lucky we didn't lose power...just brought my generator to a friend that still doesn't have power (his generator died).
(Tampa/St. Pete area)

Oh, and I didn't even think about all the stuff shoved into the garage that still has to be put back in the yard (benches, bird baths, etc) to even have room to bring halloween decorations down from the attic...and I'm on-call in October for a week...aaaaaaaggggggghhhh!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I'm over here in Orange Park, and when Irma came through we were dead smack in between feeder bands so we got next to nothing. About an inch of rain, one little branch down, and never lost our power.

Reactions: Deadview

·
Registered
696 Posts
I'm close to Ocala and there's lots of trees are down and many people still don't have electricity. It's really a shame and horrible with what people went through. Thanks for checking in and hope everyone is okay. I'm doing good. :) and there's not damage on our house which I'm happy about.

Reactions: Deadview

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I'm on the west coast in Pinellas County. We were lucky here, lots of downed trees and branches, but no flooding. Some mobile home parks here were quite damaged and 80% of us were without power at the beginning of the week. I got my power back this afternoon, omg air conditioning is the best thing ever! Some guys down the street boarded by windows and removed them promptly after the storm and blew off my roof. I'm so grateful to have such great neighbors. Glad everyone is ok.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No damage, but time taken away from building for this year as there is still a bunch of clean up to do. Still have 3-4 banana trees I have to cut out of the 12 or so that are in the yard, some medium/large oak branches I have to cut up or drag out to the curb. Lucky we didn't lose power...just brought my generator to a friend that still doesn't have power (his generator died).
(Tampa/St. Pete area)

Oh, and I didn't even think about all the stuff shoved into the garage that still has to be put back in the yard (benches, bird baths, etc) to even have room to bring halloween decorations down from the attic...and I'm on-call in October for a week...aaaaaaaggggggghhhh!
Surprising that some people lost power and are still out while others keep power. Glad you are ok, but yep, now the work begins.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm over here in Orange Park, and when Irma came through we were dead smack in between feeder bands so we got next to nothing. About an inch of rain, one little branch down, and never lost our power.
Bruzilla you must be in a high area of OP, I saw where some areas got significant flooding.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm close to Ocala and there's lots of trees are down and many people still don't have electricity. It's really a shame and horrible with what people went through. Thanks for checking in and hope everyone is okay. I'm doing good. :) and there's not damage on our house which I'm happy about.
Glad to hear that TheScary_Jackolantern. Glad no damage and yeah alot of people with no electricity. A shame.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm on the west coast in Pinellas County. We were lucky here, lots of downed trees and branches, but no flooding. Some mobile home parks here were quite damaged and 80% of us were without power at the beginning of the week. I got my power back this afternoon, omg air conditioning is the best thing ever! Some guys down the street boarded by windows and removed them promptly after the storm and blew off my roof. I'm so grateful to have such great neighbors. Glad everyone is ok.
Glad to hear that dbruner. As for power oh my AC is great down here especially with the humidity really kicking. Best of luck. You find an old AC window unit thrown out, put it on a stand next to a Skelly sitting in a chair or something with a big sign on him saying "Free AC" or "I survived Irma". Ya know ?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No major damage here in Florida from Irma. Still don't have power though. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry to hear that RichardG. Stinks to be close to Jax. or Gainesville but far enough away to still have no power. Hope they get you up and running soon and at least you had no major damage. Hang in there.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Sorry to hear that RichardG. Stinks to be close to Jax. or Gainesville but far enough away to still have no power. Hope they get you up and running soon and at least you had no major damage. Hang in there.
Thank you. :)
Our power came on Saturday. So good to be back in my own bed. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
How come you have your props and halloween stuff out, if you new the hurricanes were coming? Why not put it in the garage or in the house if you don't have a garage. That would of protected the props and animatrics.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How come you have your props and halloween stuff out, if you new the hurricanes were coming? Why not put it in the garage or in the house if you don't have a garage. That would of protected the props and animatrics.
If you're talking to me, they were in the garage, the wind and the rain blew so hard it cracked windows on one side of the garage which allowed the wind, blowing sideways, to come through.

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you're talking to me, they were in the garage, the wind and the rain blew so hard it cracked windows on one side of the garage which allowed the wind, blowing sideways, to come through.
Aww, I'm sorry to hear that. Hurricane Maria is on her way, They just updated her to Catagory 5. Stay safe out there. I'm sorry about IRMA. My brother had his electricity but my Aunt was out for awhile. She's on the East side of you.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Glad to hear that dbruner. As for power oh my AC is great down here especially with the humidity really kicking. Best of luck. You find an old AC window unit thrown out, put it on a stand next to a Skelly sitting in a chair or something with a big sign on him saying "Free AC" or "I survived Irma". Ya know ?
I am really liking your Irma skelly a/c idea! If it's okay with you, I am going to steal the concept, but instead of a wall unit A/C I plan on using an oscillating fan (just have to figure out a way of protecting the motor from the elements).

A ton of trees and power lines down in my area (Miami) but vast majority of houses held up fine. I got my electricity back Sunday morning and after 8 days of living in the year "1917," it's nice to be back to "2017." My shed also held-up, so my modest collection of Halloween stuff is in good shape. However, I can't say the same for the tombstones I store behind the shed. Going to need some mud repairs and a couple of them will have to be buried (retired). Glad to hear that everyone (so far) is okay.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts