Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting together a "Organ Grinder" prop for my Carnevil display this year. The concept is to have an organ grinder with a little monkey with a tin cup. I will have Twisty from AHS as the organ grinder, but not only is he making organ music, he is also grinding people up!

Here is the head-turning mechanism for Twisty, using a vent motor:

This video shows the overall organ grinder. It uses a wiper motor, deer motor and a small AC motor. The crank shaft lifts a push rod (a plastic hanger) which pushes the arm out of the hopper. A small AC motor turns the head around in the hopper. The wiper motor crank shaft also turns the crank handle with Twisty the Clown grinding it all up. The Deer motor turns the mop head which will be painted to look like ground meat. It will have a bucket instead of a jack o' lantern when finished.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE: I had this white cat that I was able to articulate with some movement by adding an additional crank. The cat will be turned into a monkey. Imagine a little fez on his head and a little tin cup in his hand. There will also be a chain from his collar. I also rusted up a dollar store bin to collect the ground meat from the grinder.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The cat arm has a push rod from the crank, i was able to put 2 push rods off the same crank. It attaches to the shoulder of the cat. It was a broken animated furreal cat and has some linkages inside the arm that creates the movement. I just attached to it and the rod pulls on the shoulder. It will look like a monkey with a tin cup once i get to stripping it down and changing it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts