Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to post a review of a merchant I reciently purchased from. Unfortunately he is a member here and my review is unbias and factual.

I ordered a Halloween Prop DEAD ZOMBIE Corpse Mask Props - eBay (item 380148990647 end time Aug-20-09 12:55:42 PDT) from a post that Don had posted a few weeks back. I clicked on the link and saw the Zombie (that you see all over ebay) and it took you to his ebay listing which shows an EXTREMELY detailed zombie,with custom paint (which is also stated in the ad) NOT mass produced, and looked amazing, shimmiring paint, detailed teeth, eyes that look like real eyes! The offer was good so I paid for my custom painted zombie to arrive at my door.

After a week or so, it finally arrived! A small 10x10 USPS box, I actually did not know what this was? What did I order that was so small?? I opened the box to find my CUSTOM ZOMBIE, NOT MASS PRODUCED, jamed into a small box, ok, ok,I can get over that.

When I "unfurlled" my zombie...I was completely disappointed, sloppy paint (Don just slapped his mouth with red paint AND then jammed a red brush in his eye NOW THATS CUSTOM)!!, NO DETAIL, and not even the same mold as what is pictured. (longer neck and head in picture) What an utter disappointment..I fell for it...the bait and switch...SHow the best, highest detailed product...and ship the crap...Lets take a look shall we?

Here is what was listed! Actual photos of the prop!! Here is what I recieved in my box....

Look at the custom details on the "eye" ooooooooohhh...not

If I were a bettin man, these came right off the boat from China! they are absolutly NOTHING like what is shown in the listing or described... I can certainly take more photos if anyone needs them!

STEER CLEAR OF TWISTED VISIONS!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Good lookin' out on this! I have seen those exact props and always thought about buying one. Sorry you got screwed over, but thanks a million for letting the rest of us know.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I am too sad it happened to me but I think EVERYONE should know what kind of work Don Mew (Twisted Visions)puts out. There is a reason he shows the SAME photo each and every time he lists one of these things. I have seen these for years on Ebay and finally purchased one only to again be burned by the halloween stigma of "it NEVER looks the same as the picture" well Don, instead of being BETTER than the rest, you just join right in with them and pull the same crap. "why make a better product when I can prey on the people who are looking for better props...and make crap. BAIT AND SWITCH!!!! CLASSIC DECEPTION DON!

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
I don't usually comment on stuff like this, but you're right, Melty, it's not even close. The pics on the T.V. eBay page are of a completely detailed, great-looking prop. You definitely got robbed. Hope Don will make good.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Follow up: Don wrote:

Follow-up by visions68 (Aug-14-09 20:35):
if your going to be a baby do it to some one else.

What a class act! He did write this after I left negative feedback. Hope he learns his lesson, SEND EXACTLY WHAT YOU LIST!!! NOT SOME CHEAP SUBSTITUTE!! PICTURES DONT LIE!!

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
I'd like to hear his explanation as to why he's running a bait and switch. Usually people try to find out why their customers are unhappy, not insult them. If you used a CC to pay for the prop, I'd put the charge in dispute ASAP.

·
Banned
82 Posts
sorry to hear that. NOT HAPPY!

first off MY stuff it 100% covered if he wasnt happy he could hve just emailed me and sent it back with no problem. I would have coverd the shipping and every thing. ANY ONE that has delt with me knows this. NO he wrote this before and let me say he never ever emailed me.!!

NOT EVEN CLOSE TO WHAT IS PICTURED! PAINTED BY STEVIE WONDER WOULD HAVE BEEN BTR Buyer: dfost ( 115) Aug-14-09 19:59
■Reply by visions68 (Aug-14-09 20:34):
if it was that bad I would have gave you your money back???? no email no nothing

Halloween Prop DEAD ZOMBIE Corpse Mask Props (GREEN) (#380129107029)
I cover every thing I make ALL OF THE TIME! If you are un happy at any time I REFUND 100% ALWAYS! and yes I cant paint them all like that. but your MONEY & SHIPPING IS SAFE! I have never ripped anyone off EVER!!!!!! so know what your talking about.

all you hat to do is email me and that was it. no you posted the stevie wonder remark first

AND you still havent asked for your money back???????????????????????? so what do you really want?????????????

also I have 6 of the same molds of the same one they will not all come out the same every time. the more you pull the more it wears on the mold. I have to do it all my self and with the pictures they all change as I go.

but all in all is this he should have emailed me and I would have gave him his money BACK.. why he wants to smash me I dont know! I have been doing this for over 15 years and really havent had a problem! but like I said at least I refund 100% and LOOK AT THE FEED BACK TIMES HE POSTED BEFORE I DID

CHECK MY FEED BACK
eBay Feedback Profile for visions68

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
Don,
I'm sure you understand the buyer's disappointment when he compared his purchase to the picture. If you can't paint them all to look like the picture (and what he received wasn't even close) then perhaps you should state that fact. If you write some kind of disclaimer saying that the actual product will/may be different (in this case VERY different) than what is pictured you could avoid this kind of situation. Refunding a buyer's money is well and good, but it makes for extra time and effort on everyone's part to make that happen. It's better just to ship the product that you advertise, not a cheap looking knock-off.

·
Banned
82 Posts
yep

for the most part I try to get them all the same I do have one there that the colors will be a bit different. and also taking the pictures with his camera is really bad. but again if he was unhappy he should have emailed me and I would have gladly gave him his money back no problems! and yes I should re write it up a bit its been along time since I up dated it!

Ill do that tonight! I under stand this. I also will do 50 to 60 in a run I do my best to make them all the same. but I guess thats not good enough any more.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
First off, my pictures are not really that bad...its not hi resolution but it is a 5 megapixel, enought to show the quality difference between what you made and my photo. Really, look at the details of what you sent, compared to what you show in your photo! COMPLETELY DIFFERENT! Im not even disputing the color! Its the details of the prop that are in question! My 5 year old could have spent more time on this! I really can't believe that you feel that what you send and what is in the picture are even CLOSE?!?

Look at the "eye" im my photo...then look at your pristine picture! Are there any similarities? Sure I could have asked for a refund but frankly if it was even close I would have just chalked it up as..ehh close enough. I get tired of sending things back for a replacement and quite frankly, your the quality control, I shouldn't have to be. You painted it, you shipped it, you took my money, don't expect us to have to send things back. You stated that it was WHAT WAS IN THE PHOTO (7 photos to be exact)..so I can't believe that this is such a shock to you. If you have 50-60 of these going out..wow...glad I didnt pay the $70 buck it normally is...
Now does this look anything like your photo??? Maybe you cant see the details because there are none....

My suggestion, take pictures of the actual product!! Not your 50 hour "work of art", that you had professionally photographed and spent hours of work on if thats the case. I find it VERY deceptive. You use the same photos in EVERY listing you post. I feel that if you took photos of what you really ship, most would pass. Why to you post 7 photos anyway?? To show your customers what the product will look like when it arrives!

Lastly, you mention "If you are un happy at any time I REFUND 100% ALWAYS! and yes I cant paint them all like that. but your MONEY & SHIPPING IS SAFE! I have never ripped anyone off EVER!!!!!! so know what your talking about." HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT? I HAVE NEVER PURCHASED FROM YOU! I CAN ONLY GO BY THE PHOTO AND YOUR "CUSTOM" DESCRIPTION!!! If you were more honest in the listing and STATED that it wont be painted like the photo OR just take a pic of the actual product, people could make a better decision, THEN not be infuriated when it arrives.

Also look at his feedback... only a "few" for the Zombies he makes. Most of his feedback is from Latex, LED eyes and other things. The feedback from his zombies range from "good" to just "fine" I should have looked at that closer.

As for "what do I want"? Nothing. I gave you an honest review with supporting photos of the products you sell compared to what you listed. If people want to still buy from you then that is completely up to them. I am not targeting you or singling you out.

·
Banned
82 Posts
Huuummmmm

I under stand why your pissed. but why do you keep wanting me to get into a pissing match? Im not going to. if you where mad thats cool and I under stand. but you keep blowing off. if it was that bad. and you dont want it. send it back!!! thats all you will get a 100% refund + shipping.

Im trying to deal with you but it seems you dont want too. thats ok. Im sorry you feel that way but Im not going to get into a big pissing match with you. and it seems thats what you want. you do what you feel you need to do. thats up to you. I DID go back and change the listings a bit. I have been so backed up I havent had time to work on that stuff. and again Im sorry but all you had to do is ask!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Geez, and HONESTY would've avoided all of this. What a shame that people go to these lengths to screw and mislead people out of their money. Unfortunatly, a lot of us have dealt with someone that's screwed us over on ebay. Lesson learned for us all.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don, I am not trying to get into a pissing match, whats done is done. I appreciate the offer of the refund but I kinda have that "fool me once fooey on you, fool me twice" mentality. As for changing the listing...I think changing it a "little bit" is really an understatement. If you are going to show a photo (actually 7 photos) and NONE of them look like what you are sending, then you are lieing to your customers. Im going to drop this now, as I have said my peace, thanks again for the offer but Ill just work on it myself to make it into...something.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I under stand why your pissed. but why do you keep wanting me to get into a pissing match? Im not going to. if you where mad thats cool and I under stand. but you keep blowing off. if it was that bad. and you dont want it. send it back!!! thats all you will get a 100% refund + shipping.

Im trying to deal with you but it seems you dont want too. thats ok. Im sorry you feel that way but Im not going to get into a big pissing match with you. and it seems thats what you want. you do what you feel you need to do. thats up to you. I DID go back and change the listings a bit. I have been so backed up I havent had time to work on that stuff. and again Im sorry but all you had to do is ask!
I just think he's trying to save other haunters from having to purchase it, wait for it, open it, "unfurl it", then have to email you, "furl it back up", box it up, and look for what he THOUGHT he was buying from somewhere else.

It appears he could have just saved some people some time.

·
I make dead things deader
4,565 Posts
Thanks Meltdown for the tip I have been looking at his stuff for awhile and considering buying a couple to improve some homemade props. I'll steer clear for him now. No one likes to be ripped off.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I also want to say thanks for sharing. Your comparison was very honest and I would have felt the same way had I been in your shoes.

Auctions should always have pictures representing the exact product.

·
Banned
211 Posts
Twisted visions

I have purchased items from Don Mew on EBay, was very dissatisfied, and tried to resolve issues with him. Don took a very angry and sardonic tone in dealing with my displeasure with his items, so much so that I will never buy an item from him again. He is, IMHO, a very angry young man.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I can see that the original piece you are working from is highly detailed and looks really good. You are to be commended on the original work. I can imagine that you even had a few great copies from your molds, but it is evident that the mold is now pretty much shot.

I don't know what kind of price you are getting for these props, but they just don't measure up to the picture you are posting. Update the picture in your listings to reflect what the product truly looks like now if you want people to take you seriously.

I understand you probably work very hard on making these and you DO need to be compensated for your time and effort.

If you have stretched yourself too thin by doing " 50 to 60 in a run" and then complain that "I do my best to make them all the same. but I guess thats not good enough any more.", well....you sir are correct. That is NOT good enough. It never has been.

It is not the customers' responsibility for your mismanagement of time and materials. If you are over worked, then either get help or cut back your production. Don't put out an inferior product and expect no one to notice the bait and switch you just pulled. Yes, you pulled a bait and switch, even though you used the same mold that the original picture was taken from to create the product you are sending out.

If you were to update the picture to reflect what is actually being shipped, I would buy one. At a reduce price of course, because it's not near as good as the original you have posted in the picture.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
YIKES!
Well, first let me say. I bought a pop up prop with latex head a few years ago from TV.
It looks great.
But what is pictured here is ugly, and I dont mean in a good way.
Don you do great work. I got what was pictured and I am very happy with it.

It may be time to get some new molds. tings are getting distorted. Look at the collar bone, no detail as in the ebay pic.
Maybe you should snap a new pic of each piece. since they are individually painted and will all look slightly different.
As for the paint job. It does seem sloppy. Not like on mine.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
From what I read, and buying and selling on e-bay, I have to agree. The pictures should be of the SAME item you are shipping. That way the customer won't be upset when it is totally different. I almost purchased one of these in the past. I know I wouldn't be happy to open it up and find out it's not the same. I did purchase the gallon of latex, but haven't used yet.

Business is business. You have to make money, and also keep it reputable.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts