Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
That's awesome! They look animated already! Did you manage to get both heads out of one Funkin?

You could try bringing some of the texture of the "body" into the stems - maybe just wrap a bit what you've done? Might tie things together.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for the comments, after a few changes and some stem agony I have settled on this:

P8170167.jpg
P8170165.jpg
P8170175.jpg

I read over each one and tried incorporating most of the suggestions. I added more texture, a very rough indication of a "shawl" I guess to build it up some and of course, redid the stems.

Again, thanks for the comments and suggestions, I'm a big fan of everyone up above this, hope you like it!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, one "Munkin" as my 12 yr old called it, from Michaels, just cut in half. Pretty happy with this and the "Raggs" scarecrow but I have to get on to other things. Did the first one just to see how far I could take it, then got the bright idea of a two headed one....I'm not even planning on having corn in the yard this year. Brilliant!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
P8170166.jpg

Full figure shot, realized I hadn't posted one. I like the idea of the "mean, dominant" side having the great big limb as a hand, while the "nicer, meeker" side has just the little twisty vine like roots, which are tough to see.

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Looks great! I definitely prefer the new stems, although the old ones had their charm. You really can't help but mentally fill in some kind of story and personality for these two! I can almost hear a conversation in my head!

Very inspiring work!

"Munkin" I kinda like that.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
P8170171.jpg

wanted to show some of the necks, first attempt at using the melted plastic technique with new heat gun. I plan on using this extensively with new zombie props I'll be starting soon. Any experiences, suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you! Almost forgot I had posted this on here. Getting nothing done the last few days while battling sickness. Wife is out of town for work and after a night of fever, delirium (was addressing daughter by my wifes name I'm told) and some nausea, waking up and seeing your note about something I truly do care about made me feel better. "Twins" is something I have mixed feelings about because I'm a huge fan of pumpkinrot and while I want to be inspired by he and others, you never want to blatantly copy. The angry side of twins ended up looking allot like Rots sentinels to me and the day I went back to his site and looked at them for the first time in quite a while I was pretty upset and considered re doing the faces alltogether. Ended up going straight to the source and as always, he was very cool about it, eased my concerns. So they are what they are, for better or worse. Again, thank you for your comment, it has taken my mind to better places. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts