Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Master Crypt Keeper
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Twilight Twitched Zombie
Spirit Halloween 2011

70" Tall (This is a big prop), Spooky Groans, Body twitches from side to side, Eyes Light up Red, Motion or push button activated. Includes AC/DC adapter $199.99

Spirit Halloween has provided Halloween Forum with this information about this exclusive prop coming soon. This prop looks huge and the description seems pretty cool. We do not yet have any additional info.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Twilight Twitched Zombie - Coming Soon To Spirit Halloween

70" Tall (Big), Spooky Groans, Body twitches from side to side, Eyes Light up Red, Motion or push button activated. Includes AC/DC adapter $199.99

The base looks similar to the red haired Vampiress, but with shoes formed in it and maybe some weights. If the "Body twitches from side to side" they probably had to add some weight to the base to help stability, even if the mechanism is below the hips.

Looks pretty cool, but kinda pricy.

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
Nice, but I agree. How do they price these guys? I would think they used unbiased guest feedback.
I don't know how much it cost wholesale, but $199 is about $50 too much! That extra $50 hurts my chances at getting one.
I like it, but not for $200 bones. Sorry Spirit.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I hear ya, but I will want to see these operate before I decide. However, I admit that I'd probably be more inclined to dish out $200 to finally buy that Chest ripper of souls prop that has tempted me for a couple of years now.

·
Master Crypt Keeper
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I removed a couple of posts of pics that were incorrectly posted on Facebook. The pic was actually from a different prop. They corrected the post. There is just the one version of the prop.

·
Master Crypt Keeper
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hear ya, but I will want to see these operate before I decide. However, I admit that I'd probably be more inclined to dish out $200 to finally buy that Chest ripper of souls prop that has tempted me for a couple of years now.
I have that prop. That sucker is BIG too.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I have that prop. That sucker is BIG too.
larry, don't mean to hijack the thread, but how has the Chest ripper of souls worked for you? ...any problems?

·
Master Crypt Keeper
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
larry, don't mean to hijack the thread, but how has the Chest ripper of souls worked for you? ...any problems?
Works great. Never a problem. I have had it run for a decent amount of hours.

The ONLY issue with it is that when first setting it up, you have to work with it a little to make sure that the chest closes completely so that you cannot see anything underneath before he reveals his chest. The edges are material and you just have to fold it over. Then the normal thing that comes with all props that I have received where the clothes and hair needs just a little adjusting because of shipping.

I think the prop is good and "dark".

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I removed a couple of posts of pics that were incorrectly posted on Facebook. The pic was actually from a different prop. They corrected the post. There is just the one version of the prop.
Odd that Spirit hasn't changed the description or removed the pic of the "other" Twilight Twitched Zombie. Now I'm curious about that prop.

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
I like the simplicity of it! Not bad! The arms look like that can be positioned to virtually any natural configuration. Extended outward they should "twitch" nicely.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Odd that Spirit hasn't changed the description or removed the pic of the "other" Twilight Twitched Zombie. Now I'm curious about that prop.
They have re-added that same picture to their Facebook wall with it listed as the static "Shadow Stalker Zombie" priced at $129.99.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
More companies entering the market segment can be a good thing, IF they are in it for the long term and are building a "name" for themselves with well built imaginative products.

My company (not Halloween stuff) has found that there are some China manufacturing sites that have adopted a "hit and run" strategy:
1. make something appealing looking, but with cheap materials and components
2. Package, market and sell promising quality and pricing at the lower edge of current market value
3. sell it under a company name that will be discarded when customer satisfaction hits a low.
4. start at #1 and cycle through the process repeatedly.

The result is that far too frequently, we (the consumer) think we are buying a high value item, that is in truth a low quality item with a short life, resulting in a waste of money and a search for a replacement much sooner than anticipated.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts