Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Queen of the Night
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really excited about the release of the movie "Twilight" base on the Vampire series written by Stephenie Meyers. There have been four books released in the series: Twilight, New Moon, Breaking Dawn, and Eclipse. Stephanie Meyers is said to be the best writer of Vampire stories since Anne Rice. The writer chose Forks, Washington as the setting for the stories featured in her books. Forks is a small, economically struggling town in the Olympic Peninsula; less than a three hour drive from where I live. But the most exciting thing about the movie is that it was filmed in Kalama, Washington which is the little town my son lives in; just 8 miles from my home. Kalama's High School is an old brick school building, the likes of which are difficult to find these days. I'm sure it was the charm of the untouched school building that brought the movie producer to the hole in the wall town. But perhaps it wouldn't have been discovered if Christian Brando had not chosen to establish his home on the Kalama River after he was released from prison for the shooting death of his sister's lover. What a small world we live in.

I have listed the books and pre-release movie order on my Blog if you are interested:
House of Shadows.net

·
Registered
605 Posts
I wouldn't call her the best vampire writer since Anne Rice, but she certainly took vampires in a new direction. LOVED the first book, the others were kind of eh, with cool parts thrown in here and there. I thought the first book was terribly romantic and sweet and it's something I wouldn't mind my teen daughter reading if I had one. I'm very anxious to see the movie.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I just got the first one on Friday, and finished it in a day~~ loved it!!! I can't remember the last time I read a novel I found so romantic. Right now I'm waiting for my friend to pick up the rest of the series from the bookstore she works at, so I'm reading Twilight again... but what will I go see this Friday; Twilight or James Bond!?!? Decisions, decisions...

·
kakos
7,217 Posts
I just got the first one on Friday, and finished it in a day~~ loved it!!! I can't remember the last time I read a novel I found so romantic. Right now I'm waiting for my friend to pick up the rest of the series from the bookstore she works at, so I'm reading Twilight again... but what will I go see this Friday; Twilight or James Bond!?!? Decisions, decisions...
Seriously??? LOL You had your chance to see James Bond. Go see Twilight :)

·
Queen of the Night
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I absolutely have to see Twilight! It's not so much being interest in vampire movies, I want to check out the scenery to see how much of the local scenery I recognize. Enjoying the movie will be a bonus.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Well just got home not long ago from seeing Twilight. I thought it was pretty good for a teen flick. I'd go see the others & maybe try the books.

But for me, so far nothing tops Interview with a Vampire, and I'm still on the hunt for the full series of Anne Rices Vampire Chronilces

1 - 11 of 11 Posts