Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hosting an outdoor movie the second week of April. We will be watching "Twilight". Thinking "girls night out...teenagers and up." I know this is not exactly Halloween stuff, but you guys have always been so great with themes that I thought I would ask for help here.

Hosted my first community wide movie as a fundraiser for the band boosters. We showed Happy Feet. Had about 300 show up! Made great money.

Want to show Twilight next, as it's the rage. I know we would have a packed house. Admission is free. We raise money with concessions and raffles.

So, I am wanting to convince the boosters that this is a great movie to show to raise money. At my own private outdoor movie, they are invited and will be coming. Give me some great ideas as far as themes, food, ideas for raffle prizes, etc...anything to entice them to the idea! I also need wording for an invitation. Plan to invited about 80 people. Thinking of requesting they wear black or red. Bring sodas to share or chocolates or something.

Got any good poems, ideas, themes to share??

TIA
Kaye

·
Registered
171 Posts
Only thing i can think of *ive seen the movie once, not read the books* but maybe get everyone to buy body-glitter so theyre sparkly llike Edward was in the movie? and apply it to their hands and faces/exposed body parts?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Well the flyer/invite could say:
Twilight at twilight,
Please join us for a viewing of Twilight the movie....etc.

You could do vampire themed food/drink-red punch, red popcorn balls, etc.
right now at my Wal-Mart they have a whole wall of Twilight shirts, buttons, hats, etc. they are cheap and would be great raffle prizes, also you could raffle off a set of the books or just Twilight the book and a copy of the DVD.

·
Shadow box dancer
1,443 Posts
Maybe it is because I am guy, but I don't get the whole Twilight thing. But, this does sound like a cool party. Hope it went well. Hopefully you can post pics of how it went.

·
Registered
249 Posts
HallowSkeen, thank you for bringing Hostess with the Mostess to our attention. I absolutely love her labels and it was so nice she created them to share with people. Great design. I'm definitely going to use them for red or purple soda type drinks at my next Halloween party. Thanks again.

BTW the website also has a Halloween section. Halloween, Themes & Ideas - Hostess with the Mostess
You are very welcome! Those will look great on red or purple drinks! I love the HWTM website! I have found several ideas that I have used not only for Halloween parties, but for parties in general.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I am thinking that everyone comes with a hat, baseball, teeth, and bat. Anyone who has seen the movie will know what I am talking about.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts