Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if there's a way to turn off / disable the LEDs on this 700 watt fogger from Spencer's?

http://www.spencersonline.com/product/ss-700w-fog-machine-w-ledtimr/

I bought my very first fogger--believe also a 700 watt--with a wired timer, many years ago from Spencer's and it's still running. Would like to add a second. Definitely not the same model I'd have purchased several years ago, due to the addition of the LEDs.

Or can anyone recommend a $50 or less 700 watt fogger with wired timer from another source?

·
Registered
145 Posts
100_1499.jpg Is this you older Spencers Fogger? I have had this one for around 14 years and it still works. I have seen similar foggers online but I doubt that they will last as long. Check out this one on ebay. ELIMINATOR LIGHTING E119 Fog-it 700
$_12.JPG

·
Registered
393 Posts
I just bought the fog machine with the lights because it was at the right price for my budget AND it came with a timer. I'm not a fan of the LED's so I just put black electrical tape over them.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is this you older Spencers Fogger? I have had this one for around 14 years and it still works. I have seen similar foggers online but I doubt that they will last as long. Check out this one on ebay. ELIMINATOR LIGHTING E119 Fog-it 700
Thanks CMK. Nope, don't think mine is the same model as yours. Here are some photos of my trusty Spencer's fogger. Back of unit says it's a Spencer's / Spirit branded Model: FX-A. I really love this fogger. So if I could find at least a close match for it, within my price range, I'd be happy.

I've never, ever emptied the tank or cleaned the innards of this machine, and it's served me well for many years. However, runtime is typically only 3 hours per *year*. Since in my subdivision, putting up a display for One Night Only seems to be the Standard / what's permissible (in the buckle of the bible belt here... you know, some don't "do" Halloween; even though it's, quite frankly, completely secularized and harmless--and great fun for kids and parents alike who participate):

SAM_0915.jpg

SAM_0920.jpg

SAM_0917.jpg

@Rockstar, sounds like a good idea, just taping them over. Since LEDs should emit no heat. Out of curiosity, what color(s) are the LEDs on that model and are they constant, do they blink, cycle, etc? And if you've run out, how would you describe the volume of fog output?

Noticed there's a rather expensive-to-me 1000 watt fogger offered by SpiritHalloween.com that doesn't come with a wired remote. I have an extra remote for a Target-purchased fogger (more like a hazer, really). Wonder if that might work with the 1000 watt model.

Generally speaking, if the wired remote control and fogger sockets match, is there likely to be any danger in connecting a remote up and seeing if it's compatible? What factors, specifically, if anyone knows, are involved with that sort of wiring / compatibility re: wired / corded fogger remote timers?

·
Registered
393 Posts
The lights are multicolored and didn't blink. They only come on when it emits the fog. If you go to the product page there is a video there to see them lit up. It's not the best but it'll give you an idea: http://www.spencersonline.com/product/ss-700w-fog-machine-w-ledtimr/

The fog output was fine for me even though I was outside on a really hot day and using super old fluid, which I have since tossed. I ordered some Froggy's and Halloween nights here are usually cold so I just figured it would be even better when I get it all set up.

I think it's worth the money considering it comes with the timer. A few other machines aren't compatible with some of the timers out there so it made it easy. The remote on this model is a plug-in, by the way. This machine is at a cheap enough price point that you can buy multiple units. It's supposed to be for indoor use only so we'll see how long it lasts me. However, I bought an "indoor only" Lite F/X 700 watt machine a wicked long time ago, maybe even 25+ years ago at this point, and it JUST died - prompting me to buy this. So if I can pull that much life out of it like I did the Lite F/X machine then I'm golden!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks RG. Good point about the price. Also, I'd hate my trusty main fogger to die on me. All the foggers I've got have a corded timer--none of them are wireless.

The lights are multicolored and didn't blink. They only come on when it emits the fog. If you go to the product page there is a video there to see them lit up. It's not the best but it'll give you an idea: http://www.spencersonline.com/product/ss-700w-fog-machine-w-ledtimr/

The fog output was fine for me even though I was outside on a really hot day and using super old fluid, which I have since tossed. I ordered some Froggy's and Halloween nights here are usually cold so I just figured it would be even better when I get it all set up.

I think it's worth the money considering it comes with the timer. A few other machines aren't compatible with some of the timers out there so it made it easy. The remote on this model is a plug-in, by the way. This machine is at a cheap enough price point that you can buy multiple units. It's supposed to be for indoor use only so we'll see how long it lasts me. However, I bought an "indoor only" Lite F/X 700 watt machine a wicked long time ago, maybe even 25+ years ago at this point, and it JUST died - prompting me to buy this. So if I can pull that much life out of it like I did the Lite F/X machine then I'm golden!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts