Registered
2,050 Posts
20170806_130649 - Copy.jpg

20170806_130725 - Copy.jpg

20170806_130734 - Copy.jpg

20170806_130805 - Copy.jpg

20170806_131139.jpg

20170806_130810.jpg

Not the greatest pictures but shows some of the things they have so far. there were some end caps with a few ornaments and some halloween fairy garden stuff but I guess I didn't get a pic of that, there wasn't very much anyway.
I saw that Day of the Dead bust someone was asking about in a different thread, they wanted it from GR but I'm sure this one is way cheaper.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,113 Posts
I was just coming here to say that, that looks like the GR bust that someone wanted!

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
O.M.G. It wasn't me who was asking about it, but I did buy it last year and I love it, and I MUST go to my nearest Tuesday Morning to get her male counterpart!!!

·
Registered
14,263 Posts
One of my Tuesday Mornings today ( Sunday the 6th ) had quite a bit of halloween stuff. Didn't get to check out the other 3 in my area but this was the largest of all of them and it had more than I expected. ....

View attachment 441001 ....
I was trying to avoid this thread, having enough Decor I decided year before last, but got tempted. I'm liking this framed print, assume that's what it is. Disembodied, any idea how much and any other info on it? Might be nice for a wizard shop.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I was trying to avoid this thread, having enough Decor I decided year before last, but got tempted. I'm liking this framed print, assume that's what it is. Disembodied, any idea how much and any other info on it? Might be nice for a wizard shop.
I forget the price. It is one of two scenes. I picked them up and then put them back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
It is a canvas print GoS and 16.99. Like avgjoefriday showed above there are two. I chose the apothecary cause I liked the bottles ect. They have a hook to hang the on the back. They are 24in by 18 inches roughly

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Can anyone confirm whether the female Day of the Dead bust is the same one sold last year at Grandin Road?
I don't know if anyone else answered this and I can't confirm 100% since my store doesn't have them in (yet) but I did buy the GR one last year and I compared it from the photos and every detail seems to be identical. I think if it were a copy, there'd be a slight difference, but I'm not seeing it.

I'm going to be stalking my TM until they get them in though, because I NEEEEED the male one, so I'll let you know when I get to them in person!

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I don't know if anyone else answered this and I can't confirm 100% since my store doesn't have them in (yet) but I did buy the GR one last year and I compared it from the photos and every detail seems to be identical. I think if it were a copy, there'd be a slight difference, but I'm not seeing it.

I'm going to be stalking my TM until they get them in though, because I NEEEEED the male one, so I'll let you know when I get to them in person!
I didn't buy the GR bust so I have no way of knowing for sure but I agree that it looks identical to me. The only thing I am curious about is size. How tall was the GR one ? This one is probably 18-20 inches ( just a guess, I didn't measure) In my mind the GR one was bigger but maybe not.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Thanks for checking! I would have hit thank you or like except I still haven't figured out how to do so. LOL
Is anyone else getting highkacked while on this site? I can't read any thread before being taken elsewhere by some scam junk ad.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
No, haven't had that issue, sorry! I think I remember someone else saying that too...perhaps it's specific to whatever your operating system is? Maybe there's something in the technical issue thread about it....

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Oh and I couldn't figure out how to like or thank on my phone either so I gave up even trying! I try to just come on here on my iPad because the phone experience is horrible.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
As promised, here is what I found out with the DotD bust. Even though I already have the female that I got from GR last year, I bought the TM one, along with the male and 2 sugar kitties. When I put the 2 females side by side, the one from GrandinRoad and the one from TM, you almost coildnt tell there was a difference......IF you were the kind of person who didn't pay attention to details.

The TM one is just slightly shorter. I almost missed this, but then I realized their shoulders weren't touching. It's really subtle though, about 1/2".

The hair on the TM seems a touch duller than the GR one. Actually, the GR one looks like she has brown hair with reddish highlights, whereas the TM is just brown.

The black face paint (eyes and nose) on the GR one is a shiny black, and the TM one is matte.

The swirl on her collar bone near the upside down heart is different colors....it's pink on the GR one and purple on the TM one.

The last thing I noticed that was different was the ruffled band of her top. On the GR one, there is a small amount of clear shiny glitter (not really glitter but I don't know how else to describe it). The TM one doesn't have this.

I would venture to say these were made by the same company. Same material, same everything else, other than the differences I described above. Perhaps they just changed things ever so slightly for different companies.

The photo below is the TM one...

IMG_3721.jpg

IMG_3722.jpg

·
Registered
942 Posts
Thank you for checking into the details on the bust. I've already gone to a handful of TM stores over the last couple of weeks and none had the busts. Would you happen to know if the busts just arrived to your store? I'm not sure if I should start making the rounds again to these same stores.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts